Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:27:52 AM

Author Topic: HOMING/SOFT limits  (Read 5065 times)

HOMING/SOFT limits
« on: February 20, 2009, 05:59:27 PM »
HI,

I am finishing retrofit with DSPmc controller. Retofit went very smooth although I had no experiences in CNC nor MACH; however Vitalsystems team (Rufi especially and Arto) helped me a lot. Machine is running on AC servo motors with tachogenerators inside for velocity loop in encoders for position loop; an idea is to thank Rufi for very prompt and thural help throughout the retrofit.

Mine last questions are about homing/soft limits. I use shared swithes for homing and soft lim and I did set up mach as seen in help (see http://picasaweb.google.com/bostjan681/Homing?feat=directlink);
When I go in homing sequence stops when Z switch gets hit saying soft limit triggered. Is there any more elegant solution as swithing off soft limits each time when going in homing?
This is probably DSP question but I can try
THX
Bostjan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: HOMING/SOFT limits
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 06:03:31 PM »
Could well be a DSPMC issue/question but may also be Mach, depends how it uses the softlimits in Mach. Have you got the SoftMin set to your travel and the SoftMax set to zero for the Z?
 If you do then looks like Rufi will be the one to ask.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 06:09:57 PM »
HI Hood,

forgot to mention that I did not set any values to homing/soft limits window yet; as you can seen in enclosed link what are mine deafult values.
The reason is that I do not know how to set the values!
If I switch off the soft limits (X++, X--) in port input window homing sequence works OK. At the moment I have all three inputs (X++,X-- and Xhome) set to same pin!

Any idea!
Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 06:21:04 PM »
I think we may be talking different things here, you seem to be talking about your hardware limits and me Software Limits.
 If you are getting a message saying Softlimits are triggered and you do not have Softlimits set up then you need to make sure you dont have them switched on, button is below the DROs to the right.

If you want to set them up then if your home switches are in the usual position it will be
X , Y Min and Z Max set to zero
X,Y Max and Z Min set to the travels of the respective axis, remebering the Z will be a negative value.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 06:31:01 PM »
will set the values and check about engaging soft limit button below DRO

Thanks Hood; you are even more prompt than Rufi
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 03:25:03 PM »
Hi All

Need some help I am retrofitting a Takamatsu 8 station turret cnc lathe. I have all manuals ect. I need to know what is the best PCI motion card out there to use and what is compatible with Mach3. The lathe has a Yasnac 200G control that I will get rid of, I will use the all the brushed servo motors, Amps, and power supply . They seam to be all fine. I will replace the resolvers with rotary encoders.

Any Help
Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 04:42:58 PM »
The only PCI out there that has a plugin for Mach is the Galil, dont know how good the integration is now but there is a Galil part to this forum so yo can check there.
 The DSPMC mentioned above I think is a self contained unit and support for it seems to be good, again there is a section for it on the forum.
Hood