Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:30:23 PM

Author Topic: Swarf in Keyboard and Mouse!! Ahhhh!  (Read 12528 times)

Re: Swarf in Keyboard and Mouse!! Ahhhh!
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 04:00:10 AM »
I guess I should reply to my original post. I went with the silicone keyboard. Its OK and I've had no swarf problems since. BUT, the feel is terrible (the one I have anyway) and so jogging can be hit and miss sometimes. The keys need a lot of pressure to be sure to bite. Occasionally I put the original keyboard back just for the feel of it, but its not suitable when there is heavy swarf production going on.

Must get an MPG rigged up for the mill - its on the list. Works great on the lathe.

I've tried USB and PS/2, not have any issues with either.

Only thing I've not got to work is a separate numerical keypad. Ok for very short jogs but on long key presses for long distance jog, some kind of auto repeat interupts the jogging. Not figured that out yet.

Optical mouse seems to have survived so far.

Thanks all for your advice. Woody.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 04:08:19 AM »
I now have stainless IP67 rated keyboards with trackballs on all my machines, they are the dogs danglers :) Only downside is they are not cheap, well unless you get eBay bargains ;)

Hood
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 07:34:23 AM »
Now that is cool! Yeh, I did look out for those, there is one on eBay now for £425... I guess you have to be lucky and persistant.

Hood, any chance you can share your Lathe Screen set pls? ;)

Thanks, Woody.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 07:52:04 AM »
I got mine for £12 when the guy made a balls up listing it, he honoured the deal which I was surprised at then I bought the others he had (15 if I recall) for £45 each, kept a couple for myself and sold the rest to members here, they went quick ;D

I can give you my new lathe screen but it wont be much use for you unless you modify it. Most of my buttons on the screen are VB buttons and are specific to my machine. I have base buttons still in photoshops format (psd) so that text etc can be edited easily for making new buttons up so wouldnt be too hard if you didnt mind messing around with it.
Have not finished it yet, probably never will knowing me but heres what its like, as you can see most things are on the main page and the other pages are fairly bare. Let me know if you want it and I will gather up all the buttons and the .lset for you to mess with.
Hood
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 08:09:13 AM »
Hood, that would be great when you have a moment. I've not messed with screens, but looks like you are giving me the motivation!

The std Turn screens seem to take a lot of clicking around to get set up and turning. Never quite worked out why they separated manual and auto operation...

Thanks!

Woody.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 08:31:20 AM »
Ok here it is, you will need to place the HoodsButtons folder into the Bitmaps folder in Mach3 folder and place the screenset into the Mach3 folder.
There is quite a lot in there that is related to other screens I have done through time but I think most for this screen are in the new folder but the psd ones I think are in the HoodsButtons main folder.

Regards the standard turn screenset, never been a fan of it myself I am afraid, have never actually used t though as I modified my Mill set the first day I got the lathe running. Maybe with using the standard screen it would have made more sense but sounds like you didnt find that.
Hood
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 11:36:57 AM »
Dear Hood

i m not sure i know what xml is ..

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 11:42:33 AM »
It is the configuration file for the profile you use. For example if you use the standard mill profile it will be called Mach3Mill.xml and will be found in the main Mach3 folder (not in the xmlbackup folder)
If you use a custom profile it will have the name of your custom profile.

You will need to copy it to your desktop and rename for the forum to accept, suggest you rename to gyurudogru.xml

To attach you use the additional options button on the reply page.

Hood
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 12:11:13 PM »
oppss,
i m  not at the workshop  :-\   i was about to post you the xml   wich is in my  notebook   huh

i ll need to copy it tomarrow.
thanks alot