Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:24:38 AM

Author Topic: Ah, Cripes! Not Another Tool Touch-Off Macro!  (Read 3615 times)

Ah, Cripes! Not Another Tool Touch-Off Macro!
« on: February 19, 2009, 09:32:30 PM »
I recently stumbled across Brett's tool length touch-off macro, and made some "enhancements", so I thought I'd pass it along to anyone who cares.

It appeared to me the original would not work correctly in all circumstances, as it did an explicit G90, but never checked to see if G91 was already in effect.  So, I fixed that so that it will work whether G90 or G91 was in effect, and restore the entry state.  I also changed the way the offset is determined, to simplify it logically.  In theory, the only changes someone should need to make is to change the PlateThickness RetractClearance and ProbeFeed variables defined at the top of the file.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Ah, Cripes! Not Another Tool Touch-Off Macro!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 09:42:20 PM »
Thanks Ray, I'll have to check this out this weekend. The macro I posted did need a few tweaks.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 09:58:09 PM »
Thanks Ray, I'll have to check this out this weekend. The macro I posted did need a few tweaks.

Brett

Brett,

Great!  You can tell me if it works on an actual machine!  I've just simulated it!  :-)

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 10:03:08 PM »
 ;D Will do.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 05:30:47 PM »
I just got off my lazy butt and made myself a VERY complex and sophisticated touch plate - a 1" x 2" piece of copper-clad FR-4, with a wire soldered to one side.  This, and the macro, work like a charm.  I touched off several times, and the machine position corresponding to the point of contact came out *exactly* the same, to the tenth, every time.  Very cool!

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.