Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:31:54 PM

Author Topic: Xylotex and C11 Issue  (Read 4772 times)

Xylotex and C11 Issue
« on: February 19, 2009, 05:11:16 PM »
Hi Guys,

I am having a bit of an issue with false triggers I have set up my C11 rev 5.4 and xylotex. I have added four limit switches separate on four of the pins 10,11,12,13 all normally closed (powered up switch turns them off) they all work fine I can see them in Mach diagnostic screen on and off no problems no false triggers all good.

I then added the connected xylotex ribbon from the c11 back to the xylotex and powered up and I get a false trigger on pin 13 after a period of time I changed Debounce to 2000 still the same thing and I can also see it triggering on the Diag screen in mach.

So I thought maybe a faulty switch so I wired the pin jumpered 13 to the 5v and it still triggered and you can see in in Mach3 Diag screen, maybe pin 13 is faulty so I change to pin 15 I still get limit triggers as well but I cant see them on the Mach Diag screen.

So I am a little puzzled  ???

I don't think its noise as if I power up both the C11 and the Xylotex and don't connect both boards with the ribbon cable I don't get any Limit triggers.
When I do connect the C11 and the Xylotex via the ribbon cable I then get triggers.

all I can think of is that the Xylotex board is sending back a false trigger through its own pins thus the C11 is sending the signal on as it should thus causing the trigger.

I don't quite understand what could be causing it besides the Xylotex doing it but then I am probably wrong lol, can I disable the pins on the Xylotex board?

I will also add my XML file just in case I have done something wrong.
Re: Xylotex and C11 Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 05:12:06 PM »
XML.file
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 05:33:06 PM by JigSaw »
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 01:26:33 AM »
Well a little further and I think I have solved the Limit switch problem I just wired all the switches up in series onto pin 10 on the bob an hour has passed with no problems  :)

I would think that it would should have worked the way I set it up to start with each switch on its own pin and it doesn't explain those stray signals but hey I guess I still have a number of pins left for something else.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 03:09:59 AM »
Glad you are getting somewhere, afraid I know nothing about the Xylotex as I have never used them.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 12:33:04 PM »
I have a 4 axis Xylotex board and its great. I've had no noise issues with my own breakout board, Xylotex and parallel port.

(I don't think Xylotex ships to the UK.)

I wired all my X, Y and Z limit switches to the BOB, then inside the BOB it "OR"s them all giving one "limit" out the the PC. Same with homing.

I think single ended shielding of all signal and stepper cables is the key - at least, it worked for me.

Woody.
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 03:19:33 AM »

I think single ended shielding of all signal and stepper cables is the key - at least, it worked for me.

Woody.

The interesting thing was Woody is that without any wires going to the Bob and just 13 0r 15 pins jumpered to the 5v made out of a small piece of soldering wire and it still sends a signal  disconnect the Xylotex board and it stops no signals at all coming through the Bob.

So to me it looks like the Xylotex is sending the signals no other explanation for it really.
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 02:57:14 PM »
Yep, that is strange. I did not see any behaviour like that JigSaw!

Good luck with it.

Woody.