Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:32:33 AM

Author Topic: Mach has lost it's mind  (Read 7010 times)

Mach has lost it's mind
« on: July 23, 2006, 02:52:10 PM »
Hey Guys;
Help!!  Mach3 is doing some crazy things.  Started yesterday when I loaded a conversational routine to surface a blank.  I used a .75 mill and had the start surface set for -.012.  I couldn't get it to preview and finally cancelled.  Lo and behold, the code was there.  However, I started getting error messages such macro error, multiple characters on a line and bunches more.  The crazy part, is the the machine crashed zhead crash without me touching anything or a program running.  It just starts moving the axis at random.  The Dro's are changing and the preview screen has what seems like random lines being drawn as toolpath!!!!
I relaoded mach several times but when using that surface wizard with the negative value, it's nuts.
Also, when trying to run a program, I keep getting a "Nothing to Feedhold" error and I can't clear it. 
I'm using a new compac desktop but the damn thing has me going nutz.
Also, I've noted that when I rescale, the dimensions in the toolpath dro are wrong, at least I think.
Both softward, mach and newfangle are purchased and legal.
Any help anyonw????
Bill
Re: Mach has lost it's mind
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 03:34:18 PM »
Could you please post the file and what version of Mach3 are you running?
Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 10:20:15 AM »
Hey Briane;
First, congrats on the new girl.  Hope things are progressing well for ya and the ladies.
I have completely recovered my system using the compac recover routine.  However, it also retained the programs on the system so the system has changed somewhat.  I tried early this morning to duplicate the problem but something different was happening and I had to quite and come to work.  I'll try again this afternoon. 
Is there a way for me to completely remove Mach from the system????  I'd like to start from scratch and just get rid of the problems I'm haveing.  The error message "Nothing to Feedhold" is scary, since I have no code listed. 
I would reformat my drive but the system came preloaded with xp and of course I don't have the disk.  If I could remove all traces of Mach and then reload, maybe things will be back to normal.   
The XP uninstall routine doesn't remove everything.  I know this since I used it, removed all mach programs from the system and reloaded the ver. 1.8 (release version) and all my setup was there.  That tells me that some of the files are retained.
Any help will be appreciated.
Bill
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 05:10:25 PM »
in the manual it will tell you how to take the driver out...
Good luck
Brian

www.machsupport.com

ynneb

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 09:17:23 PM »
To remove the mach driver you must.....

Right click on MY Computer,
Select properties,
Select the hardware tab,
Select the device manager.
Find MachX PulsingEngines in the device manager
left click on the + beside it.
then rightclick on the mach3 driver that appears,
then select uninstal.

When you then re install mach onto your computer, it is ESSENTIAL to restart your computer before you try to run Mach.
If you do try and run mach before rebooting you will have allsorts of onging problems from then on.

Please do as Brian asked and upload the offending Gcode. There are some instances where incorrectly written gcode can cause a crash. We need to see this.

If you have ongoing problems I also recomend the optimisationn file found on our web site.
I am also interested in the specs of the computer you are using. Could you please post these.

Please do all that we have asked above so that we can help you properly, and we can solve the problem.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 09:23:45 PM by ynneb »
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 06:47:10 AM »
Ok Guys;
Here goes with the Info.  Hope it helps and I"ll not touch anything on the computer until I hear from you in case you want to test something. 
Compqaq Presario  346 Intel Celeron Processor, 512 MG Memory 100 gB harddrive - not hooked to the internet.  6 months old.
Phoenix BIOX Ver 3.06
ATI Video Card (part of the MB)
Start up menu is Compaq Connectons, Compaq Organizer, and Hot Sync Manager ( Used to upload my GPS System) at one time.
Added to MACH was the MacroPump and Build 7 Screens from my encoder interface mfg.  However, I turned off the macropump and loaded the default screens prior to the trouble.

Man, can I break something when just trying to make it better!!!!!!!

Yesterday, I tried running the Rodneymarker file (engraving) I'll upload to you and it seemed to be running fine until I got the +Nothing to Feedhold+ error then everything stopped and when I told it to continue, it reverted back to the first of the code.  I'll uplod the file.  Never got the file to finish running.
I couldn't get rid of the error so I rebooted.  I then tried my conversatoinal for surfacing.  It will not allow me to select aluminum or soft metals.  When I select the button, it illuminates briefly but goes out instantly once I release the button.
Mach revision number is R 1.84.001.

I"ll try to upload some files to look at!

BTW, when I loaded the macropump and screen 7 software, the conversatoinal button did not work at all.  It was there but there was nobody home!!!
Guess there is a bug there also for the macropump mfg.  Just my luck.
Guys, Heck, I'll load this thing up and send it to you if it'll help.  I know it's not your software but if I can screw it up, someone else can!  For me it's just a hobby but for the other guy, it may be his livelyhood (probably didn't spell that right so forgive).
Bill
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 04:35:15 PM »
I had some one with that error not to long ago... updated to the development version and it fixed everything...

Give that a shot..

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 09:00:42 PM »
Hey Brian;
Baby yet???
I don't want to try the fix until mr.  ynnebb has a chance to study it for the malfunction.  After that, I'll wipe everything, and reload from scratch.
Thanks for the help.
Bill

ynneb

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 12:08:16 AM »
Sorry Bill for the delay. The rodney file you uploaded is blank and has no data in it. Could this be your problem ?
Also did you do the removal and reinstall as I described earlier?
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 06:09:51 AM »
Hey Ynneb;
Sorry about the file.  No, the zero content of the file is not the problem, just a sscrwup on my part.  I'll try to attach it again.  I do not have internet connected to that machine.  This weekend I'll completely reload mach and optimize sxp.  It's a dedicated computer anyway and I'll let you know.  I'll attempt to attach the file again.
Thanks for all your help.
Bill