Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 02:17:28 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 and Galil running INCREDIBLE... and then  (Read 4654 times)

Mach3 and Galil running INCREDIBLE... and then
« on: February 17, 2009, 04:13:26 PM »
I've been working on my X-Y system for the last few weeks and everything has been going perfect. Mach3 talks to the Galil (DMC-1822) without any problems - homes, limits everything. THe motion of the whole system is slick as can be; smooth as hell.

So then I get to what I THINK is going to be a cakewalk; setting outputs to drive some solid state relays. I have four relays I have to turn on/off during a cycle. I can't get an single output to work. I've used the Galil software and talk to the SSR's all day long. Can someone please help with this; I don't have much hair and I'm pulling it out faster and faster.

Thanks very much.
Re: Mach3 and Galil running INCREDIBLE... and then
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:03:33 PM »
How are you trying to turn them on?

This is an example of how you would use an output to turn a spindle on.
1. From the CONFIG drop down window go to PORTS AND PINS then SPINDLE SETUP
2. Set the CLOCKWISE [M3] setting to OUTPUT#1, make sure there is NOT a check in the DISABLE RELAY box.
3. Then goto OUTPUT SIGNALS enable OUTPUT#1, set the PORT# to 1 then set the PIN# to the Galil output#.

Darek
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 09:54:20 AM »
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! THAT SOLVED THE ISSUE!

Soon I hope to post some video of this beast...

Thanks again!

P.S. Ok - hate to be a pain in the ass now. I have a number of output available from the Galil. M3,M4,M5,M7,M8,M9 I can map in my code to do other things than turn om flood for instance. How do I use the outputs directly? Can I say "OUT#6-ON" or such in the code? This would be of huge benefit.

Mike Tripoli
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:02:22 AM by mtripoli »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 10:16:07 AM »
You can make up custom macros if you wish, not sure how you actually call the OutPut to the Galil but if its just the same as the parallel port then all you would do is have a macro with something like this in it

ActivateSignal(OutPut6)

You could then name that macro m101.m1s and place it in your profiles macro folder then when you called M101 in your code it would turn on that output.
 You could have another with

DeActivateSignal(OutPut6)

in it and call it M102.m1s and calling M102 from code would turn the output off, just remember they have to be placed in the macro folder of your profile and not just in the main macro folder.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 01:14:44 PM »
Very cool... thanks. I haven't done any macros yet, but I'm going to look at them right now.

Thanks very much.
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 10:15:44 AM »
Mtripoli,
Could be so kind as to describe your setup?  I'm finally getting back to configuration Mach 3 and my Galil 1850.  Also have you had trouble with using the galil tools vs mach 3?  For instance I can get the g-tools to recognize the card (move axis etc), but Mach3 doesn't with the plugin I used about a year ago (2008).  So I followed the steps outlined by Galil to swap out the drivers for Windows XP and now nothing works and Galil is baffled.

Thanks,
Scott
--Scott