Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 12:06:42 PM

Author Topic: Putting Mach 3 to good use.  (Read 12365 times)

Putting Mach 3 to good use.
« on: February 16, 2009, 11:54:06 AM »
A Friend of mine got me involved in building these mounts. I have been building model planes and R/C aircraft for over 60 years but taking pictures with a model aircraft was something I had never done. We now manufacture these and I design and cut them out and build them. Much fun and enjoyment but he flies the helicopters not me. My cnc machine is a home brew JGRO and the programs used for these are Mach3, Cut2D and TurboCad. The three work very well together and while this is my first venture at this type of thing I have enjoyed it very much. I was impressed by the ease Mach 3 allowed me to do this and how well it blends with the other programs. As time permits I will post some of the fun things I have done starting with my cnc router. Ron

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,199 9,199
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Putting Mach 3 to good use.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 03:38:33 AM »
What material are you using for these mounts Ron and how much do they weigh please ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 08:27:45 AM »
I am using G10. You might go to our page as Jim may have the weights there. I do know we have no problem with the copters lifting them. Take a look at www.averticalview.com I can ask Jim what they weigh or you can ask him via email. Its posted on the site.  ...Thanks for the reply..Ron
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 01:08:41 AM by Broken Balsa »
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 01:00:49 AM »
I built this for my mother who is 89 years old. She loves to play cribage but has failing eye sight. With this two foot long board she has no problem seeing where the pegs are. Was fun to do and I was pleased with the end result. So was she. Ron BB
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 01:07:17 AM by Broken Balsa »
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 01:11:02 AM »
What material are you using for these mounts Ron and how much do they weigh please ?
I posted the address wrong... its   www.averticalview.com   sorry...Ron

Tweakie.

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 12:31:00 PM »
I built this for my mother who is 89 years old. She loves to play cribage but has failing eye sight. With this two foot long board she has no problem seeing where the pegs are. Was fun to do and I was pleased with the end result. So was she. Ron BB

I have wanted to make a "29" cribbage board, but instead of a little boar, have the entire card table be the "29", about 3' square with 3/8" pegs.  I don't quite now how to do this in AutoCad.

Vince
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 02:11:19 PM »
in autocad , place your first hole and do an array.

Ed
Ed VanEss
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 02:19:59 PM »
Do just what Ed said to do ... Thats what I did and it works very well. Very easy to do and you will have a nice looking board...Ron BB

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 03:09:57 PM »
Ok, I am pretty good at AutoCAD and use the array function all the time.  I have attached a picture of a "29" cribbage board for those that do not know what one looks like.  I think it is beyond the array function of AutoCAD.

Vince
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 04:33:34 PM »
you couldn't make it simple, could you ?   :D
You'll have to lay out your 29 in arcs. Put in your inner set of holes, and do a offset for the two outer layers of holes.
Yes, it will take some time . Array wouldn't work here.
 >:(
Ed
Ed VanEss