Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:00:55 PM

Author Topic: Jog Behavior With Version R3.043  (Read 3471 times)

Offline GeorgeRace

•  53 53
  • My Home Built Airplane
    • View Profile
    • Race Consulting
Jog Behavior With Version R3.043
« on: February 15, 2009, 09:06:07 PM »
I recently downloaded the latest version of Mach3, R3.043.  When I start the program my keyboard JOG keys do nothing.  I have the program installed on two different computers and get the same reactions on both.

I open the Jog Control with the Tab Key.  I then click on Jog Mode and the CONT Indicator turns Yellow.  Now the Keyboard JOG keys work, but there is still a problem.  The Y & Z directions move just great.  The X direction keys only move the axis a small amount with each key press.

What can I do to make the CONT always selected?  What do I need to do to get the X JOG axis to work continuously?

Second question.

I load in a batch of GCode.  I maka a change in the GCode and then do a Regen Toolpath.   All looks well on the "Program Run" and "Tool Path" screens.  The "MDI" screen does not follow along.  To put it another way, when I modify the GCode on the "Program Run" page any changes made never show up on the "MDI" page.  The only way that I can see the changes there to the GCode is to shut down the program and reload the modified GCode.  Then it recognizes the changes.

Hope that all makes sense!

George
Check out my home page
http://www.mrrace.com

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Jog Behavior With Version R3.043
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 12:10:21 AM »
Try downloading Mach again and installing over the top of itself.
Hood

Offline GeorgeRace

•  53 53
  • My Home Built Airplane
    • View Profile
    • Race Consulting
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 03:33:33 PM »
Hi Hood:

I reinstalled Mach3 and now the X axis will not jog without changing the CONT setting in the JOG panel.

This is strange!

George
Check out my home page
http://www.mrrace.com

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 03:36:08 PM »
Try setting up a new profile, just set up the basics to get the axis moving one at a time and see if its ok, kind of sounds like your xml is corrupted.
Hood