Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 01:05:49 PM

Author Topic: Save ficture  (Read 6848 times)

Save ficture
« on: February 15, 2009, 12:56:56 PM »
When I close Mach3 after a session I get a save ficture window. What does this mean and if I save it where is it being saved. I ask this because I am getting steps repeated on a cutting job up to four times. Not sure if this is  Mach3 or Cut2D causing the problem. I am seeing multipile saves of every drawing when imported into Cut2D and Mach3. Seems to be happening when a change is made to a drawing in TurboCad and resaved but since the chain of events is more than one program am asking for help and if any one else has had such a problem. I might add that I have cut out a lot of things and this has been slowly coming on. Most are repatitious and chages are made to the drawing constantly as improvments are made. Thanks for any comments or help...Ron  BB

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Save ficture
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 07:51:55 PM »
Fixture save saves your work coordinates. What this does in short is allow you to close Mach and on reopening , once you refrence the machine and hit go to zero it will put you right back at the last used work coordinates. I think the problem you are describeing may be in the way you are saveing/editing your drawings/gcode.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 08:37:22 PM »
Thanks for the fast comeback Chaoticone:
I went through the entire computer and deleted every one of those I could find. I might add I found a lot of them, in excess of 200 separate files. I just finished a redraw in cad and ran it in cut2d and into mach3 and it worked without a hitch. I will from this point forward delete those as soon as I am done with the cut. I am hoping this ends the problem. I am pretty sure your right about the cause and I will try and establish a routine that works and stick to it.  Thanks a bunch...Ron BB

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 10:05:42 PM »
NP

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!