Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:25:56 PM

Author Topic: Mach3-Stop between two parts  (Read 3801 times)

Offline mrpeja

•  114 114
    • View Profile
    • Embroidery Machines
Mach3-Stop between two parts
« on: February 10, 2009, 02:59:13 AM »
Hi,
I'm asking about how to temporary stop cutting between two parts, and continue later to next part, if I have more parts on one sheet.

Also, how to start (and stop) cutting using push button switch (not using keyboard or mouse)?
Best regards
Mrpeja

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3-Stop between two parts
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 03:25:57 AM »
Put a M1 in the code where you want it to halt.
 A momentary push button can be connected to an Input pin and then set it up as an OEM Trigger in Ports and Pins, Inputs. Then finally go to the Config menu then Hotkeys and assign the OEM code to the trigger you have just set up. A list of OEM codes can be found at the top of the forum but for Start the OEM is 1000 and Stop is 1003. However you should only press Stop when motion has already halted or there is a chance you could lose position, it may be better to use the FeedHold for your external button, the OEM code for that is 1001.

Hood

Offline mrpeja

•  114 114
    • View Profile
    • Embroidery Machines
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 04:45:57 AM »
Thanks Hood,
To check if I understand, I'll repeat.
I think I put M1 code to stop, when preparing in SheetCam? Or?
What to put for continuing the job after that?

If I use FeedHold, does it do stop and start also?
Maybe this is a switch, not push button?

Mrpeja

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 04:59:50 AM »
You may be able to get SheetCAM to enter the M1 where you want 9I am not sure if you can as I dont use it) If you cant then you will need to edit your code manually. To restart after a M1 you just press the Start button. If you are just wanting to halt the code for a set amount of time then you would have  a G4P* in your code, the * being the time in seconds (or milli seconds depending on your setup in general config) that you wish motion to halt for.

For external buttons you will need one for each function, so if you want a Start, a Stop and a FeedHold you will need three buttons and three spare Inputs to Mach.
 Once you have pressed the FeedHold you can press Start to resume or Press Stop if you want to end the code. FeedHold will stop motion but will not end a file, it will still be active.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »
Thanks Hood,
To check if I understand, I'll repeat.
I think I put M1 code to stop, when preparing in SheetCam? Or?
What to put for continuing the job after that?

If I use FeedHold, does it do stop and start also?
Maybe this is a switch, not push button?

Mrpeja

You can either enter a G-code "snippet" (click on the "G" icon next to the operations list), or modify the Post, so it will automatically enter the M00 or M01 at the appropriate place.  If you're literally inserting this between "parts", you can simply add code to the OnNewPart method in the post to output the M00/M01.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.