Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:28:46 PM

Author Topic: Port1 pins not working?  (Read 3160 times)

Port1 pins not working?
« on: February 04, 2009, 12:51:15 AM »
Just loaded Mach3, and can't seem to get a signal to the motors.  

After triple checking to make sure Axes are set, and Jog is on, I still can't seem to get any change in the Pins status on the Diagnostics menu. (screenshot link below).   It doesn't seem to matter which pins I set the motor axis to, the same green indicators are shown.  Mach acts like it thinks the motors are doing their thing... the only problem is that they're NOT.

http://cncetc.com/DiagnosticScreenshot.TIF
http://cncetc.com/Mach3Mill.xml

Thank you very much for your help!!!!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Port1 pins not working?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 02:22:10 AM »
Are you using the onboard port or is it a PCI card? if its a PCI chances are you need to change the address in Mach.
 XML looks fine so if it is the correct port address then you need to check that the port is outputting properly, remove the cable from the computer and test with a scope if you have one, if not a voltmeter will do. Put the meter between a Dir pin and Gnd pin and jog one way then the other . The voltage should go 5v to 0v, repeat for next Dir pin/Axis. You can also try the Step pins to Gnd but it will be a lower voltage you see but thats unimportant as long as you see a voltage when you jog and none when you stop. Oh you will also have to set the E-Stop to active low for these tests.
 If that all checks out then do the same at the other end of the cable.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 02:45:46 AM »
Thank you for the fast reply! 

I am using the onboard port-- no PCI cards are installed.  The port does not seem to be outputting correctly;  using a voltmeter, I get a constant 3-5V on pins 1-4, 7, & 8, regardless of whether I am jogging or not, and regardless of pin assignment in the Ports and Pins configuration menu (many variations tried).

Is there a way to test Port assignment?  I would expect the default to be adequate with no other options available...

Regarding the Estop, I am using it with the Estop set to 'Emulation' and 'Active low'.  (no Estop is actually hooked up)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 02:47:25 AM by heepofajeep »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 02:58:03 AM »
Your xml had no emulation and also set to active high so possibly you have changed that since you posted?
 The way to check the address is look at the ports resources in device manager and you will get the address there.
Hood