Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 12:11:13 AM

Author Topic: How to create a plugin for maintenance info??  (Read 5658 times)

How to create a plugin for maintenance info??
« on: February 03, 2009, 10:17:43 AM »
I need to create a plugin for Mach3 that can access the Maintenance Hours information and pro-form actions based on the data. I believe that you need C or C++ to program a plugin?? I do not know either language, but I do know VB.net and Some C#. I have access to VS 2003, 2005, and 2008. So whatever is needed I can use. The part that I am the most unsure about is how to access the information in mach and activate outputs and scripts. Hope someone can get me going.

-Adam

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: How to create a plugin for maintenance info??
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 10:50:21 AM »
Look in this Thread where their is a request for people to help with docmentating the 4 main files used in plug ins for mach3.

Look at those files especially the Engine.h and Trajectory.h and the Biggie is the "Plugin Writters bible" that Art did, I think it is in the downloads section of this website.

there are several source code plugin you can use to see how stuff is done.

James on this site has also written a really good "tutorial" that will help get you started.

scott
fun times
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 11:05:02 AM »
Hi,

here is my tutorial that Scott refers to:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,4884.0.html

and here is the Plugin Writers Bible also:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mach1mach2cnc/files/

The file is 'Mach3Mysteries.pdf'.

You will need to use VS2003 and C++ for technical reasons.

-James
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 05:03:13 PM »
I am trying to do the same thing. It looks like the data I want is listed in Maintenance.h, but I am not sure how to get it out.   I was planning on just shoving a set DRO in the 10hz update loop of the blank plugin.

Edit:  I did eventually get the plugin to compile ( #include "Maintenance.h"   extern Maintenance *MyMaintenance;   "SetDRO(1900, MyMaintenance->m_Hours);"), but when Mach3 loads it crashes with Error 9988 and then 9991.  I will continue to mess around with it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 02:59:27 PM by Swap_File »