Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:59:55 PM

Author Topic: Mach MAD Plug in (Maintenance and Diagnostics)  (Read 93530 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Mach MAD 2.0 released with NEW features added
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 11:11:20 PM »
MAD 2.0 is released!!

New Featrues Added!!!:

I added 3 more pages:

* Trigger Macro Page: This can trigger upto 15 Macros from a userLED, the Macro will run
ONCE per change of state from off to on.

* Trigger User Labels page: This can trigger upto 6 Userlables from a userLED, you can put
a message for LED ON, and one for LED Off.

* Trigger Tricker page: This can trigger upto 6 Tickerlables from a userLED, you can put
a message for LED ON, and one for LED Off.

You can change these on the fly! This will allow you to Run: Macros, Labels (dual message), Tickers (dual message) from External or internal sources. Just assign a User LED to the fucntion you want. Then put the label or Ticker message in the ON box and if want a different one you have an OFF box for you use too.

For Macros you just assign a User LED to trigger it, and just put the Macro # and hit the update button for all the above.

You can bring in External or Internal events through a Brain or what ever and do your thing!!

Version 2.0 has been sent out to all on my list.

Screen Shots attached.

scott
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 09:50:19 AM by poppabear »
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Mach MAD Plug in (Maintenance and Diagnostics)
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2009, 08:52:21 PM »
Mach MAD 2.1 emailed out.  Hood found a small glitch in where the Ticker labels would not start Ticking on start up, it was fixed.  Thanks Hood!!

I have been having some trouble with my email service lately so you do not get 2.1 (you who have already purchased), email me at my normal Email,
(I can sometimes receive), and I will email it out to you on my Yahoo account until my service gets off thier butts and fixes the email issue.

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 03:09:21 PM »
Mach MAD 2.2 emailed out, ADDED that you can use OEM Leds as well as UserLEDs on the three trigger pages.

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2009, 03:30:35 PM »
Well I figured out how to do Modeless Tabbing Windows, and so I am adding a NEW feature to Mach MAD

There will be a new Menu choice under Mach MAD called MAD DRO Message.

this will be a window with 8 Tabs in it, it is so if you have higher end Programmable Axis Drives and/or Spindle Drives (VFDs).
You can assign a User DRO that each Drive can write to one UDRO for the X, Y, Z, A, B, C and S (Spindle). Through the modbus
so that you can send the "Status and/or Error codes" from that drive to the UDRO, the plugin then matches the number in the UDRO with the Numerical Code, that you enter, and displays the Error or Status Message in a Ticker that you choose.

for instance all your Axis Drives and Spindle Drives could all talk to your PLC through a modbus between them and update a register in the PLC with the drives current status and/or error code then code would then be sent to mach3, the plugin would then display in a ticker the status of each of your drives and Spindle drive dynamically.

So you can have Advanced Diagnostic, or Status information comming in from all 7 axis displayed on upto 7 different Tickers!!

scott
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 03:33:46 PM by poppabear »
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2009, 01:09:38 PM »
Here is some screen shots of Message DRO in action on Mach Mad.....

It is reading Status codes from 6 Drives and 1 VFD from the serial Modbus.

There is a screen shot showing status codes being scrolled on Tickers.

Each Drive and Spindle can have upto 10 Error or status Messages per axis, spindle.

You assign a Single Cfg number for your Serial or TCP modbus, then you assign ONE local address to each drive coming in.
Then you pick ONE UDRO and ONE Ticker for each axis. Then on the Axis and Spindle pages you put in the Drive Code number, and in the edit box you put in the "String" that will scroll across the ticker you have choosen to display that axis. (remember to put spaces before you string so that you will have some time to read the ticker as it scrolls).  NOTE: You can have everyting all writing to the Same ticker if you want, but if you had  or more drives codes then they would both be writing to the ticker.

If you dont want to use an Axis, or the Spindle for messaging, just leave the Default 2256 in the UDRO number and the other defaults values for dont use in the other perameters.  I just showed a screen shot for the Spindle message page since the axis pages are just like it, and spindle is probably the most likely to get the most use.

Screen Shots Below, The installer has been mailed out to all on my list.

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2009, 01:02:36 PM »
Version 3.5 has been mailed out to all on the purchase list.

I have added a VB scripter window that you can now run VB Cypress Enable/Mach Specific VB from the Plug in!!!

screen shot of the new window below.

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2009, 11:06:57 AM »
Ha!!!!!!!

Tom, I used your Shutdown code of "14" that you found, and it has worked for me as well. Now a user can "Uncheck" the Plugin, and then close Mach and NO errors are generated.  I found out that when I was using the other Shutdown code, that it would not go into the destroy window code section in My notify. 

I am running Windows Vista 64 here so it appears that for this OS at least that ID 14 is a good Mach closing ID.

Thank you for finding that ID, if you dont mind please post up how you found that ID number for the Mach closing.

I have an "Updated"  Mach MAD 3.6 now.........  that no longer has the closeing errors under the above conditions, I have a significant list of users, so if you want the "Updated" version send me an email and I will send it to you.

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 11:36:30 AM »
NOTE:

I have roughly 112 users now, and of them using vs. 3.6, 2 of them reported that they still get a closing or crash error when they close. So for those 2 people I sent them the previous 3.5 version that had the original error on closing IF you uncheaked the plugin then closed Mach3. If any others of you have a crash issue please email me at  "poppabear"AT"hughes.net" and I will send you a 3.5 version.

I suspect that there is a 3rd "Notification" message that those two get on their computers other than the Two that Tom and Jemell found. Brian has said that when Mach vs 4.0 is released that he will put in a Known Shutdown ID that will solve the issue, when he releases the new SDK as well.

Scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Mach MAD Plug in v. 3.7 sent out
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2009, 11:21:15 AM »
MAD 3.7 was sent out to all on my list.

Latest Notes:

In 3.7 I had to change back to the style (like 3.5), that caused the problem below.
The reason being that if a user did the below:

ALSO in 3.7, I added the MyNotify() disable ability, that if the plugin is disabled,
but still in your plugins directory. It will not load its PostInit Windows.

If the Mach MAD plugin is enabled and you go and disable it
in the configure plugins dialog box, changing the green cheak to
a read X. When you close Mach, an "error" dialog or two, appear
just click NO on both of them. they are just complaing that the
plug in was not enabled when closed.........

Also, you will note a slight delay in start up of Mach once you reopen mach
after you enable the plugin, since it loads a large amount of resources.

It has NO impact on the Processor time, or update loop of mach3.

In 3.6 I had eliminated the above issue, BUT, It would NOT "Remember" its last state.
since Mach crashes if you try to call a MyCleanup()
from the MyNotify() for shutdown. it crashes mach3.

Basically, I chose to "Retain" the memory ability, but to do that, if you do
the above disabling the MAD plugin then, close mach, you get the TWO closing
error message boxs. just click no on both of them.

scott
fun times
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2009, 12:50:18 PM »
Scott,
How can I use the plugin to act like a touch probe.  I set one of the user Led toggle buttons to oem825 but it won't light my led up.  It works with a real probe though.

Mike