Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:41:14 PM

Author Topic: Problems with SPINDLE CW F5  (Read 7922 times)

Problems with SPINDLE CW F5
« on: January 29, 2009, 11:40:52 PM »
I have just bought a CNC router. It came with Mach3mill. The problem I am having; I can turn the router on with SPINDLE CW F5 on the program run page, then I press it to turn the router off and it does turn the router of but the switch continues to flash yellow and I cannot turn the router back on without pressing the reset button. The same thing happens in a G-code. I also have a milling machine with Mach 3 that works very well and has had no problems.
Re: Problems with SPINDLE CW F5
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 12:53:52 AM »
There are spindle control settings to add delays when the spindle is turned on or off, which is what the blinking LED indicates.  Sounds like yours are set to some really long period.  It's under Config->Ports&Pins->SpindleSetup.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with SPINDLE CW F5
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 06:22:32 AM »
I am using 1024set screen.

The "Spindle CW F5" button to which you refer seems to turn on the spindle clockwise. The  yellow led seems to continue to flsh. If you press it a second time, it turns off.

If you compare it with the "Spindle toggle" on the diagnostics page, this does the same, but the yellow led only flashes once.

The two yellow leds are, however not the same function. One is oem 11, the other code 813. 11 is Spindle CW (which I assume means clockwise) and 813 is spindle dwell.

I must report that mine turns the spindle off, and the led stops flashing.

Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.