Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:25:08 AM

Author Topic: Setup estop, spindle on/off, and Xylotex 3 axis drive  (Read 15106 times)

Re: Setup estop, spindle on/off, and Xylotex 3 axis drive
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 10:48:45 AM »
Okay what is the name of the terminal that you have the relay wired to? Is it PD0 ? PD4?

if you know that you can get the pin number form the Pic I posted

Thanks
Brian (Going to be at a show for a few days so sorry if I don't get back to you fast)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 10:23:34 AM »
Good morning Brain, and all others.
I took some time to go through everything again to see if I could figure this out, still having problems. First let me say x, y, z axis all work fine.
Now Brain using what you had above, I went to Output Signals and changed output # 1 to enabled , port 1 and pin 1, then to spindle setup and changed output for cw and ccw to # 1. On the Xylotex board there is a pin labled P1, hooked the SS relay to that pin, OK so far so good, my relay kicks in and turns on the spindle. Have not tried it with software yet just using the Diagnostic page to test it.

OK now the next step I am having problems with, I can not seem to understand how to get mist up and working also. Xylotex has number of pins along with the P1,,so if I was to use P14, could you tell me the set up. Now I double checked to make sure the SS relay was working, so it has to be me not getting things right, and have tried different setups in Mach to try.

Thanks for your help,
Jim
Abbotsford, BC
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007, 10:11:03 PM »
You need to set the output#2 too the pin that is going to run your flood. There is not much more that I can do to help you with the Xylotex.

So please check your ports and pins and post your XML

thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 10:25:13 AM »
Thanks Brain, I am not sure why I could be so dumb with getting that to work, but after going over it a few hundred times it still didn't work. After reading what you put above, realized I was putting port and pin to the same thing. Once I changed to port 1 pin 14, well darn everything works fine.

thanks and sorry for taking your time up Brain

Jim
Abbotsford, BC
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 01:19:06 PM »
Great! I knew it was going to be some simple thing :)

Have fun with your machine!

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 07:30:37 AM »
I got mine working by setting the buttons within Mach and then restarting Mach...Works flawlessly :beer:
If you only buy one piece of software...make it Mach (dont forget the wizards too ;) )