Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:51:43 AM

Author Topic: Jog while in feed hold?  (Read 2975 times)

Jog while in feed hold?
« on: January 24, 2009, 01:11:03 PM »
In the users guide for Mach3Mill (Mach3Mill_1.84.pdf) it states I should be able to, after a feed hold command in a running program, jog to a position to change a broken tool etc. and when Cycle Start is hit the machine should return to the stopped position and restart. My software will not allow these moves. I get a Message “Note: Cycle pause in effect. No Jogging or reverse!!” Do I have something set up wrong?

Thanks for any help.
Tony

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Jog while in feed hold?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 01:56:28 PM »
I think after the feedhold  and you machine has halted you can press stop and jog away then when you press start again it should give you a prep move box to OK, it will move to the position of the prep move and then a further press of the start should have you on your way.
Hood
Re: Jog while in feed hold?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 02:48:58 PM »
Thanks Hood,
Hitting the stop after the feed hold did let me jog off positions but when I hit Cycle Start the tool goes to the end of the line I was on. By hitting the Remember button in the tool information window and then moving away and then hitting the Return button in the same window it returned to where it stopped. By entering the coordinates in the pop up window from the line before it starts at the beginning of the line where the tool broke or lost plasma arc. This has been great help to me. Thank you. Tony