Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:29:14 AM

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 4413 times)

Introduction
« on: January 20, 2009, 01:14:11 PM »
Hello all,
I have read the info on this site for several years, never had much to add. I have watched this community help new people through all the situations that arise during building new machines, or converting existing ones. The knowledge flows freely here, and I am pleased that I now have additional time in my schedule to perhaps add to the questions as well as answers.

I have just returned from York, Pa, the Artsoft Seminars were very well done and professionally executed. I was fortunate to be able to be there both Saturday and Sunday.
It was my very first Cabin Fever Expo, a wonderful event full of amazing workmanship and experiences.

I am currently building a small cnc machine, it is a harbor freight import ( http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=5980 ). I  am using ball screws and servos.
I will include pictures as I progress.

In the life that pays for my hobbies, I am a controls engineer/computer programmer/plc programmer/robot programmer/project manager. I love my work and my hobby work is really just an overflow from what I do from 9-5.

Thanks for this wonderful support site.

Currently, I am in Southern/Central New York state ( Corning ). I will be moving my base of operations to Northwest Arkansas ( Rogers ) in the spring.

'FlinginChips'

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and all them others.
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 04:08:04 PM »
Hello and welcome :D it's a very useful site. Possibly the best product support I've ever seen. Pop up some pictures of your machines, it's nice to see what everyone's using.

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 03:29:32 AM »
Whats binary ? ???
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 04:17:42 AM »
Welcome aboard, sounds like your skills in your day job will be very useful for your hobby :)

Hood