Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:27:04 AM

Author Topic: ShuttlePro No Worky...  (Read 6979 times)

ShuttlePro No Worky...
« on: January 16, 2009, 04:54:04 PM »
I just installed the ShuttlePro plug in, and a brand-new ShuttlePro.  When Mach starts up, the status line indicates the plug-in was loaded, but it does not show up in the plug-in config menu. It is sorta, kinda working - the jog and shuttle wheels both work, but none of the buttons do anything. Pressing any button just gets a "beep" from the PC.

Any ideas what I can do to sort this out?

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: ShuttlePro No Worky...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 04:56:53 PM »
Hi Ray,

Hopefully you did not install the software that came with the shuttle as well?

Does your plugin screen look like this?

Dave
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 04:59:57 PM by budman68 »
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 05:33:26 PM »
Budman,

I installed the ShuttlePro software to make sure it was working properly, which it was.  I then uninstalled it, and loaded the Mach3 plug-in.  My plug-in config looks just like yours, in terms of the enabled devices.  I also tried removing the SmoothStepper plug-in, and going back to PP, which made no difference.
    Very odd....

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 05:49:28 PM »
Forgive me Ray but what do you mean by "and going back to PP," ?

Also, when you click on the yellow config box, do you get the screen to change the functions of the shuttle buttons?

Never mind about the PP, you mean parallel cable.

Dave
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 06:02:54 PM by budman68 »

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 06:05:15 PM »
People think it's easy being an idiot, but it's really not....  I had expected there to be a "ShuttlePro" item under the Plug-in menu, just like there is for the Video plug-in and the SmoothStepper.  I didn't realize there was also a Config->Plugins.  So, I was looking in the wrong place.  It's all working fine.

Thanks, Budman.  BTW - "and going back to PP" means I disabled the SmoothStepper, and re-enabled the parallel port.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 06:08:58 PM »
Good for you, Ray, glad you got it working.  :)

Dave

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 07:06:28 PM »
Dave,
Perhaps you can help me get this configured the way I want.  I'd like to have buttons that perform the same actions as two of the edge-finding "Select" buttons on the Offsets screen, and another that will set the Z DRO to a pre-defined value.  It appears this should be do-able through macros, but it's not at all clear to me how.  The ShuttlePro config screen has text boxes for "Custom Macro Number 1" and "Custom Macro Number 2", and "Custom OEM Code #1" and "Custom OEM Code #2", but I have no clue how to make use of those.  The functionality I need for the three buttons is, I think, trivial:

Call SetDRO(0, ABS(GetOEMDRO(1000))/(-2)) # To set X axis zero after edge finding
Call SetDRO(1, ABS(GetOEMDRO(1000))/(-2)) # To set Y axis zero after edge finding
Call SetDRO(2, ABS(GetOEMDRO(1001)))       # To set Z axis DRO to gauge block height after manual toolchange

So, how do I make this work?

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 07:48:25 PM »
Ray,

The oem code buttons allow you to do just that. You put a certain oem code (found in the mach wiki or in the sticky at the top of this forum) in the box that you would like that button to perform.

Same basic thing as the macro boxes. You find the number of the macro file that you want to use in the macros folder and load that number in the box provided, and when you push the button, the macro will execute. You can also make your own macro as you did above and save it as a specific number in the macros folder and then input that in the box and that will execute your own macro as well.

Dave

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 08:54:53 PM »
Ok, Dave, how did *your* reply to my message show up as if *I* wrote it???

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 08:55:53 PM »
Sorry, Ray, I screwed up your post by accident, please post it again if you'd like. Sometimes they shouldn't let little boys play with matches -  :D

As you mentioned, I would also like to see more macros made available for the shuttle pro as well.

Dave

Dave->    ;)