Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:36:02 AM

Author Topic: Homing and -- switch limit switch  (Read 8378 times)

Homing and -- switch limit switch
« on: January 12, 2009, 04:11:46 PM »
As discussed here:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=10133.new;topicseen#new

Does it support this function or are two separate switches required? ie. one for homing, and just past, one for a limit switch.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:57:31 PM by vitalsystem »
Re: Homing and -- switch limit switch
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 03:33:24 AM »
the DSPMC now supports homing using limit swtches.  In the xml file, you can enable or disable limit switch sensing during homing.  so if you are using limit switches as home sensors, then you will have to turn off limit switch sensing duing homing. 

regards,

Vital MACH3 Team

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 06:01:30 PM »
I am finishing retrofit with DSPmc controller. Retofit went very smooth although I had no experiences in CNC nor MACH; however Vitalsystems team (Rufi especially and Arto) helped me a lot. Machine is running on AC servo motors with tachogenerators inside for velocity loop in encoders for position loop; an idea is to thank Rufi for very prompt and thural help throughout the retrofit.

Mine last questions are about homing/soft limits. I use shared swithes for homing and soft lim and I did set up mach as seen in help (see http://picasaweb.google.com/bostjan681/Homing?feat=directlink);
When I go in homing sequence stops when Z switch gets hit saying soft limit triggered. Is there any more elegant solution as swithing off soft limits each time when going in homing?

more thural photo review of retrofit is in progress
THX
Bostjan
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 09:20:52 PM »
you welcome Bostjan. 

the plugin version that allows limit switches to be used as home sw is not yet on the website.  should be online in the next few days.  It is currently installed at beta sites only.  will let you know when it is published.

thanks
Rufi

« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 01:47:25 AM by vitalsystem »
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 01:31:56 PM »
Hi ,
someone who please help me why I  used MDI, start teach ,and input line:
  G20G0X1Y1
  G01X.5Y.5F9999
then machine moved exactly the distance BY INCH.
  but after load program  run,cycle start machine run the number.0000 equal to long distance :mean machine run
  so many INCH with the number after .0000. I wait long time it still .0001...0005....0008....0010.....until 1.0000
 it s took so long time and long distance(so many inch).Please help me advise to problem.Thank you
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 01:58:58 PM »
hi

I am not very knowledgable in gcodes.  pls provide more detail information (ie what it is doing compared to what it is supposed to do) so I can try to replicate the issue.  dont know if this is related to the plugin or mach3!  send a simple gcode program that I can run to see what you are observing.

regards,
Rufi