Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:16:37 PM

Author Topic: "Limit Switch Triggered"  (Read 35786 times)

BClemens

Re: "Limit Switch Triggered"
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2009, 04:54:05 PM »
OK then! I have it set correctly (contrary to the way I thought it should to be). This machine homes as your sketch shows - yes sir! The resetting (printer problem) really has set me back with the set-up of this machine - I don't trust anything and believe less now. I'll get over it.

Gotta get the spindle going! Ye Ha ! I'll post some photos of this little beast.

Thanks,

WAC

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2009, 04:58:47 PM »
Hood,

Your sketch is wrong!  You are showing the mill on the FLOOR!!   >:D

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2009, 04:59:29 PM »
look forward to them
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2009, 05:02:13 PM »
Think you must be smoking too much of that funny stuff simpson, suggest you take another look :)
Hood

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2009, 05:17:30 PM »
Hood, too funny!!

But . . . still wrong!

The current strategy is to mount the mill on the wall, I believe . . . . unless I missed something while I was on . . . break . . . . in the garden . . . . uh . . harvesting . . .  ;D

BTW, I tried it once in college, . . but I didn't inhale . . .  ::)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2009, 05:21:46 PM »
LOL well I better change it back just in case someone comes along and thinks their mill has to be bolted to the roof :)
Hood

BClemens

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2009, 07:39:42 PM »
Roof - ceiling and inhaling determines use and sex is determined by - ah - not doing what? .... I'm a US citizen, I know what's the right way!

All seriousness aside; This NC machine is going to be a joy! Just out in the shop primping at the wiring a bit. Placement is all important, I understand.

Do these Gecko drives 'burn in' or 'learn' because the servo motors are totally quiet but will run like mad when an 'arrow + shift' is hit, and then quiet again when still?

I'm like a friggin' kid with a new toy! B Clinton knows nothing here.

I use KeyCreator (CadKey) at work and have been working with them (Kubotek) on a post processor for the Sciaki welder (with visual basic!) so have picked up enough that I have made a post for Mach3. I'll proof it and pass it on here. Seems KeyCreator is not so popular as other CAD/CAM software but it works very well. The CAD portion is one of the best.

I'm an old guy but Jefferson Lab has provided me with a Dell laptop and bought a license for KeyCreator to work with. Kid with a new toy there too!

Thanks, maybe reciprocation? Hope I can help....
WAC

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2009, 04:35:50 AM »

Presumably this thread is concluded, so this is officially not a hijack.

Thanks, maybe reciprocation? Hope I can help....
WAC

Send cash . . large stacks of unmarked 20's to:

Worthy Charity
My house
Texass

We take only a modest 92% 'administrative fee' and the rest goes directly to help under privileged Wall Street CEO's

Hood,

I see you are from Scotland. Simpson is a branch of Clan Fraser from the Loch Ness region. I learned this at a genealogy booth at my first highland games. You know, extra large burly-man types wearing skirts and competing to throw ridiculously huge objects the furthest. That's a story in itself . . for another time.

BClemens

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2009, 05:19:06 AM »
Yes, the thread is winding down....and again; I appreciate the help and good cheer (except for the mercenary, smoked up Texans among us). I've heard it said: Texas is a wonderful place except for the Texans that occupy it. Seriously, I appreciate the help!

WAC

BTW: Did you want those 20's printed on both sides? (not too funny - some government agent Internet monitor just perked up from his donut)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2009, 11:17:07 AM »
I think that we all deserve to see a routed or engraved 'Road Runner' after all this. Come on WAC make something real good.

Tweakie.
PEACE