Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:33:19 AM

Author Topic: "Limit Switch Triggered"  (Read 35645 times)

BClemens

Re: "Limit Switch Triggered"
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 01:48:13 PM »
I'll make up a 'false harness' in the connector for the limit switches and see - good idea. Yes, one of the tutorial videos from Artsoft explains the active high scenario as a built in safety. Mine are real safe - the machine won't run at all - but not for much longer I hope. I've got plans! A next project is back shopped right now waiting patiently for this machine - some redundant parts. 

Thanks,
WAC

BClemens

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 06:54:41 PM »
Alright!

I believe I have found the problem (with the help of my daughter). I had loaned this machine (loose at the time) computer to her during her senior year, two years ago. She reminded me that she had configured a printer on it for some HS work. SO, During looking through "control panel" and "printers --etc." I noticed that the the printer was active with TWO documents waiting to be printed. No doubt, this LPT1 was being buzzed at some interval to activate the printer. I had forgotten about even loaning the computer......

Right in front of my face.  The printer was un-installed (needed to delete the documents first!) and this computer/machine has been functioning since 1:30 EST this afternoon without the first reset. The darned thing got a total going over (rub down) for my need - must be a hot female little mill. Good grief!

Now to continue on....

Thank you all very much indeed!

Bill Clemens

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2009, 06:57:30 PM »
Great to hear you are sorted :)

Hood

BClemens

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2009, 07:18:34 PM »
Thanks Hood!

Makes me wonder about all these similar problems that I have spent much time reading. I don't remember reading this remedy. Maybe some of us don't want to the face the fact that it was our own fault for not thinking, remembering, or doing something at beginning in preparation for what we are about to do with the computer.

Anyhow; Thanks very much all  ( cause I'm sure to be back to you thinkers and do-ers with a question ot two) and great to be a part,

WAC

P.S. I'll most definitely give a sincere appology to Bob Campbell for blaming his Combo Board. BTW: Bob Campbell did get back to me with very positive and informative information about this Combo Board. He sold me! Works Great! Sorry for the doubt....needles to say.

Thanks again,
WAC

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2009, 03:44:22 AM »
Me too, glad you have resolved the problem.
I expect to see postings of stuff you have made with it now it is working OK.

Tweakie.
PEACE

BClemens

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2009, 04:12:45 AM »
Shoot, make something?  Now I can continue setting the machine up! So, I'll probably be back with more head scratching.

Thanks,
WAC

Offline zarzul

•  232 232
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2009, 11:48:17 AM »
This is a good one to keep in the back of your head when you have tried all else!!

BClemens

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2009, 02:59:01 PM »
Yes, my daughter had to remind me that she had used it a couple of years ago...something about a 'getting old' memory or something like that - can't remember that either. Old timers disease.

Tis unbelievable how nice it is to walk away from this machine for an hour or so and it is actually still in the ready when you get back! The good thing is that the remedy is known. It wasn't a group of fixes or a swift kick that made it right not knowing which it was that corrected it - I know what was wrong. I feel sure that Art or Brian have either spoken about this or written about it but I don't remember seeing or hearing about it - it's sort-of a common sense thing to check in a computer as well. As I said: right in my face!

Now if I can get the roadrunner from showing up on the monitor upside down!

Thanks,
WAC

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2009, 03:46:47 PM »
Now if I can get the roadrunner from showing up on the monitor upside down!

Thanks,
WAC

Thats easily cured, you can either stand on your head or flip your monitor upside down ;D

Hood

BClemens

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2009, 03:54:27 PM »
OK, I'll bite on turning the monitor upside down but the monitor is mounted to the machine so mounting the mill on the ceiling is the way to go. Chips won't clog a cutter either. Good one Hood!

WAC