Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:56:32 PM

Author Topic: New User Needs Help With Set-Up Problems!!!!!!!!  (Read 9310 times)

Offline compmedic

•  15 15
  • My Machine
    • View Profile
    • Comp-Medic
New User Needs Help With Set-Up Problems!!!!!!!!
« on: January 11, 2009, 12:13:16 AM »
I have a Zenbot router with a xylotex controller but im having a few problems. As far as i know i have all the pins set-up correctly.
I can jog around with it. But when i load a part file then the part picture is off to the side of my table outline. See Example.
Also i need help with touching off my tools or something because my z axis doesnt come down while running and the tool is off table a little bit.
Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im dying to start using this machine. Over-excited you could say.

Thanks for any and all support.

Darren

P.S. I forgot to mention that the machine does not have limit switches. I might need help with homing.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 12:31:43 AM by compmedic »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: New User Needs Help With Set-Up Problems!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 12:32:23 AM »
Hi, Darren

Post your dxf & G-code files for the part your wanting to cut.

What program are you using to generate your G-code.

Chip
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 12:51:33 AM by Chip »

Offline compmedic

•  15 15
  • My Machine
    • View Profile
    • Comp-Medic
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 01:17:22 AM »
Right now im not using anything special code or generator. Im justing loading the sample G-code "roadrunner" to test.
I just played with the settings and was able to make my table bigger or adjust them to where the roadrunner is on the table but i loaded some other samples and they were way off. Plus i forgot to mention sometimes (depending on my settings) my machine tries to go further than what it can.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 02:02:23 AM »
Hi, Darren

If your trying the Roadrunner file, It starts at the bottom left corner, Jog your router to the left bottom corner of your material then bring the cutter to just barley above the top of the material, Use the ReffAll button to zero all axises.

You should be ready to cut, You may need to override the feed-rate if it to fast depending on your cutter your using and the depth your trying to cut.

If it's to big for your table you can scale it down with the scale x y settings on the program run screen.

On the Tool-Path screen you can see the max size of the part size Info. top right.

Let us now how it goes.

Chip
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 02:07:40 AM by Chip »

Offline compmedic

•  15 15
  • My Machine
    • View Profile
    • Comp-Medic
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 12:56:42 PM »
Is there a screenshot button in Mach3? If there is or i find a way then i'll make one and post it.

Offline compmedic

•  15 15
  • My Machine
    • View Profile
    • Comp-Medic
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 01:04:38 PM »
Here is a screenshot of my toolpath and home/soft limits. Like i said earlier i dont have any home or limit switches but this is where i entered my table size as far as i could figure out. My table size is: 6x-8y-3z

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 01:34:48 PM »
Hi, Darren

If you don't have limit switches it's a Paine to setup soft limits and such, Just use the Program Limits on the Tool-Path screen to check the size of the item your wanting to cut to see if it will fit your table, Jog your router to the start corner of your material and Ref-All-Home in relationship as to the start point.

I've sent you a PM massage, Click on Messages top left of this page.

Chip
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 01:40:28 PM by Chip »

Offline compmedic

•  15 15
  • My Machine
    • View Profile
    • Comp-Medic
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 10:26:20 PM »
Hi Chip, thanks for all the Help. As you probably already know i have another question. Please look at the screenshot.
If you can't see it all too good then let me know.
[/color][/size]

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 12:52:15 AM »
since you don't have hard limits you have to check your table for for travel clearance for every program.then zero X and Y.you can't run a program larger than your machine.
after you load a program switch to your toolpath menu and check your travel distances and compare them to you physical machine.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 06:45:31 AM »
I think you are attempting to use the table view to line your work but unless you have home switches you cant do that. Well you can but what you will have to do is move the table fully X and Y minus so that the head is at the corner of the work area then press the Ref All button. You will need to do that each time you start Mach. If you dont do that then there is no way Mach will know where the machine position is and thus no way of it knowing where the travel boundaries are.
 If you dont want to do that then you will need to forget about using the travel boundaries in the toolpath view and just do as has been said above.
Hood