Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:32:31 AM

Author Topic: CNC Pipe Bender  (Read 27078 times)

Offline CNCwt

•  65 65
    • View Profile
Re: CNC Pipe Bender
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 07:53:28 AM »
Hi, Poppabear.

Thanks for the compliment. When the EStop button is pressed, it turns green and has the wording "PRESS TO RESET" in lieu of the "PRESS TO STOP" and it alternately flash red and green.

Offline CNCwt

•  65 65
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 08:06:16 PM »
Zafar,

If my cnc wire bender project pushes through, then you are the man behind the success :)

I used Illustrator to create vector graphics as it allows me to readily revise, change, move, and create effects. I then export it as png format. If changes need to made, I can always go back to Illy to make the changes. Drawing programs like Paint Shop, Photoshop, etc. takes much longer to make changes or corrections as it is in bitmap format.
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2009, 11:11:08 PM »
It's been a while since anyone posted here but...

Very nice work.

I've been thinking about building a cnc bender for awhile now, but curious about one thing, how have you dealt with spring-back? or do you just handle in your manual programming?

Chris
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2009, 01:02:30 AM »
Exactly. All the bends are done in the manual mode first and adjusted for the pipe springback. Final Gcode is fed to the machine after testing all the bends separately. It takes 3 to 4 hours to program a part like this if you have your checking fixture ready.

Zafar
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 05:07:21 PM »
Just seen this - Excellent work, very useful. More uses for Mach I hadn't thought of! I hadn't really considered where bent-up fuel lines came from. Very impressed.
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2009, 04:19:34 AM »
Thanks for the compliment. Final testing is underway these days for another all electric pipe bender built from scratch. I'll post it's vids soon.

Zafar
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 08:58:20 AM »
Here's another CNC pipe bender I have developed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLw6qhW3wlA

It is 7 Axis servo motor controlled, all electric model. No pneumatic or hydraulic power at all. It can bend pipes over 3 different dies at a time and can handle pipes from 4 to 8 mm in dia and up to 2 meters in length. Programs are made through a wizard which takes L,R,A and tool no. data and converts them to G-codes.

Zafar

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 10:53:10 AM »
Excellent !

Tweakie.
PEACE