Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:33:14 AM

Author Topic: Can Home Switch be -- limit switch...  (Read 18963 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Can Home Switch be -- limit switch...
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 11:26:51 AM »
OK you seem to have Pin Zero set for the X Home and X++ Limit, thats not right. Also your Y-- is a different pin number than Y++ and Y Home, that could be correct but depends on how you have them connected.

Hood

Offline zarzul

•  232 232
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 12:48:34 PM »
If the only time you experience the problem of the limit switch tripping is when doing a homing routine,  it is probably true switch contact bounce,  that is where they came up with the term debounce. 

If I were you I would probably try to wire it up Normally closed,  you would probably not get a bounce when opening the switch.

Or look for better switches, maybe a non-mechanical type, optical, capacitive or inductive switch.

With a scope you could examine the single as it closes, or as it opens and see if you are getting a bounce but this would probably be redundant since you have pretty much nailed down the problem anyway.

Arnie
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 02:15:09 PM »
OK you seem to have Pin Zero set for the X Home and X++ Limit, thats not right. Also your Y-- is a different pin number than Y++ and Y Home, that could be correct but depends on how you have them connected.

Hood

The Y++ and Y-- are separate limit switches.

And why can't i use pin 0 for the X home?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 02:37:43 PM »
Where do you get Pin 0 for on Port 1?
Hood

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 02:42:15 PM »
Hi, Halkintool

There is NO, Pin "0", You can use separate limit switches, Just set the Pin numbers properly.

You need to set the pin inputs to proper pin numbers, Until you do that the Homing will not work.

Hears a pic with the proper settings for NO type sw's, You just need to put/change the Pin Numbers.

You can and need to see the Led's light up "on & off" on the Diagnostic screen before the Homing will WORK !!

Chip

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 02:47:20 PM »
OK I just viewed the video again at home this time on a clearer monitor and I see you have external pulsing, so what device are you using as obviously its not the parallel port. Also should have noticed that you were using pins 2 and 3 for the inputs on port 1 and that cant be done with the PP so I should have worked that out as well.
Please give as much info about your hardware as you can as it may save lots of replies with no progress.
Hood
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 03:33:57 PM »
Im running the vital systems dspMC motion control with their opto isolate breakout board.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 03:38:23 PM »
Ok you better talk to Ruffi (sp?) as I have no idea whether the plugin for that can handle dual limit/homing.
Hood
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 03:51:01 PM »
It all makes sense now. It probably coulda helped if i had said something earlier.  :-\

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 03:57:45 PM »
no probablys about it LOL but from what I have seen/heard  Ruffi's support is excellent so you should be sorted in no time :)

Hood