Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:55:34 PM

Author Topic: Can Home Switch be -- limit switch...  (Read 18968 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Can Home Switch be -- limit switch...
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 06:28:47 PM »
Its best to have NC switches just from a safety point of view, if a cable breaks or gets cut on a sysytem with limit switches that are NO then Mach will not see that, where if they were NC then it would.
 So your test above you say if you start homing then close the switch and keep it closed and Mach doesnt reverse but just triggers a limit error? Is this with debounce set to zero? If so it certainly sounds like the BOB is the problem but a scope would certainly verify that.
Hood

Edited to say closed instead of open just to make clearer as you are using N0 switches
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 06:58:52 PM by Hood »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 08:08:30 PM »
Hi, Halkintool

If your statement is, (I tried pushing the limit switch in while the machine was homing and i get the "limit trigger switch error").

Then your Home Switch's Setting are Incorrect, On the Diagnostic Screen you can test them, The Home Led's  should turn On & Off with the same axis Limit Switch.

Let us now what you see on the diag. screen Hear are some Pic's.

Edit: Enabled, Actives should be the same for Limit's & Home SW's And none should be Emulated 

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 08:19:38 PM by Chip »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2009, 01:35:07 PM »
Hi, Halkintool

Did you get it to work ?

Chip

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2009, 01:58:03 PM »
Chip
 from what he said I think  setting the debounce to 400 worked fine but as he has 24v through his switches  and shielded cables there should be no need for debounce so I am guessing that the problem is in the BOB itself where it gets changed to 5v.
Hood

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2009, 02:02:13 PM »
Hi, Hood

It just seemed unclear to me with his last post.

Thanks, Chip

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2009, 02:09:39 PM »
Chip
 think that is referring to the tests I was suggesting, basically do a homing move and activate the switch manually  and keep it pressed for a bit to see if it triggers the error. Seems like it was,  so basically what is happening is start home, hit switch, Mach sees switch again and sets home and then sees switch again and triggers the limit error. It seems like the noise must be very consistent as from what I gather the motors dont even get a chance to reverse before Mach sees the switch de-activating.

Hood
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 10:56:12 AM »
If im getting noise, why would the X-axis for example travel 100" without noise and develop all kinds of noise once its homing? You would assume if noise was the problem, it would constantly home when i send it to home.

Ill make a few movies and see if i it becomes more clear.

What should the homing settings look like?

I have my software min set to .100" and home offset set to .100" are these ok distances, should they be higher?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 11:05:59 AM by halkintool »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009, 11:04:58 AM »
If im getting noise, why would the X-axis for example travel 100" without noise and develop all kinds of noise once its homing? You would assume if noise was the problem, it would constantly home when i send it to home.

Ill make a few movies and see if i it becomes more clear.
Look forward to the vid.
As to why on the noise, I am asuming it is just when your switches close that you get the noise issue, it may well be a different story if you had NC switches.
 Just to clear things up, does the debounce to 400 stop your issues?
Hood
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2009, 11:06:55 AM »
Yes and no, when debouce is 400, and software limits are off, the machine will fly right over the limits.
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009, 11:11:53 AM »

Check it out and tell me what you think.

I can wire the limits NC, but take a look first and let me know if you think it would help.