Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:03:40 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 setup problem, DriverTest.exe has no lines.  (Read 17562 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 setup problem, DriverTest.exe has no lines.
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 02:22:26 PM »
Bill, I'm about 2.5 hours from Myrtle Beach. About 60 miles south of Charlotte NC

Brett

Bill you just got a lucky escape, would be hell to know Brett lived closer to you ;D

Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 03:14:43 PM »
Ah......... I see the great one of Scrotish lineage has spoken. Lucky for Bill your on the other side of the pond.  ;D

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 05:40:02 PM »
Hood

If Brett was a little closer i could make the trip on one bail of hay and the small buggy.now it looks like to make the visit it will take the lumber wagon,two mules and four bails.
just can't cut corners anymore like the old days.

bill

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 05:45:48 PM »
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 07:13:42 PM »

I have not printed on the machine recently, but the test harness I was using to build and align the
cnc router was communicating with the board just fine over the parallel port. I get movement on all 3 axis both + and -

With it on port 378 I get movement just fine. It's mach 3 that's not doing anything.

I reinstalled the special driver and that's the one that 's got no line and nothing on the two
controls I mentioned earlier.

I looks like Mach 3 was developed with Visual studio c++ and MFC, i guess i could load up the ide/debugger on that machine if
that would help and i could get a debug version... We'd at least get to look at the exceptions and such.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »
Hi, Eric

I guess I'm missing something hear.

What software/program were you using to test the cable/router where you "get movement on all 3 axis both + and -". ?

Can you give me a screen shot of your Diagnostics & Motor Output's page's ?.

If you live in USA or CA, Send a  PM  message by click on my user name, I'll give you a call.

Chip
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 08:42:02 PM »
I downloaded a new version of mach three it looks like the installer I had on the
cd from the manufacturer of my board was a mach 3 r1, so I've got mach 3 r3 series running now (the latest)
that that was probably part of my problems right there.

Will my r1 xml file work with r3 or do I need to set it up again?

Under the new install:

I've run driver test.exe 4 times, 2 system hangs, 2 successful test, but with a few seconds of amazing wave forms followed by
 _terrible_ wave forms. Like walls of black... bad.

Can anyone point me to the optimization.text they spoke of on the tutorial video? Aparently I've got some ugly processes running

As to my test harness app, the guy who sold me the board included a VB app he wrote that
communicates to the Board over the parallel port and it's working fine. I get full movement on all 3 axis
with it on the same port ox378

I guess I'll try the special driver on this install too.

I tried to PM you, but i don't have icq and that's the only way i saw to pm you. I'm on windows messenger as caladin <at> io <dot> com, if that's any help

Thanks,

Eric-

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 09:36:05 PM »
Hi, Eric

Nice talking with you, Now with a little tweaking, Your on the way, The finish line is just around the corner.

Have Fun, Chip
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 08:24:38 PM »

Thanks for the Help Chip, it's whirring and making noise now, that's a huge step forward!

One more quick question, whats the best way to figure out how big the roadrunner gcode is supposed to be,

I thought i did the math correctly, 200 steps/ rotation, 20 tpi all thread, = 4000 steps per inch,

but the road runner was coming out _really_ tiny.... I figured out that the units were in MM not inches, and switched it
and now I'm guessing the roadrunner would be about an inch or 2 big if i set the z zero point where it actually would cut.

Is that about right?

Thanks,

Eric-

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 09:14:07 PM »
Hi, Eric

Finding size, Look a the ToolPath screen top right corner will show Program Limit's in "Units", Depending on how your machine is set up will determine how the file is treated.

On this Roadrunner G-code file, Being there is no G20 "inch" or G21 "mm" code in the file, It will be cut in your default Native Units "Inch" mode.

If you want to cut it in mm you will need to MDI a G21 or Edit in a G21 in the top of the G-code file in your case.

Edit:Added, If you put a G21 in the G-code file then at the bottom of the code just before the M30 end, You need to put in a G20 to return back to your default "Inch"

unit's, MDI a G20 to set inch mode back if you used it also, Systems using "mm" just reverse the G20 & G21 usage, There Pre Amble / Post Amble settings in the G-code.

Yes, You'll need to use the Scale feature, Setting it to 0.7 to make it fit, I think is about right. see pic's.

To scale it click on the x and Y axis (scale) 1.0 digit's and you can enter a scale value of 0.7 then "Enter".

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:14:51 AM by Chip »