Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:31:44 PM

Author Topic: Finally, Mach turn profile roughing, finishing cycle!  (Read 7566 times)

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
Finally, Mach turn profile roughing, finishing cycle!
« on: January 01, 2009, 11:59:16 AM »
Melee has written a macro for the lathe profile roughing and finishing as some of have been asking for, looks good right now from the limited testing I have done with it so far, read and download it at http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,8098.20.html
   DaveA.
Re: Finally, Mach turn profile roughing, finishing cycle!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 04:28:37 PM »
Hi Dave;

I found your posts regarding the G70/G71 cycles, but the links don't appear to be there.  It actually looks like you were corresponding with a mythical person called Mr. Melee :).  I'm presuming that somehow Melee's posts have been deleted.  Any idea where I can find these files?

Thanks
Brett

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »
Melee left the site some time ago, for whatever reason and don't know why, removing most of his posts.
For roughing gcode on the lathe you may want to have a look at LazyTurn. Hopefully finishing output will be done this fall.
RICH
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 07:13:43 PM »
Thanks Rich.  The deleted posts sure made the conversation seem a little odd.  Especially considering Dave kept calling him "Mr. Melee".  For a little bit, I thought it might be Dave's imaginary friend and maybe he actually wrote the macros :)

On another note.  I want to thank you for your great documentation on thread turning and LazyTurn.  I'm quite new to CNC, Turning and such.  Your documentation has been invaluable, not only on the Mach3/LazyTurn specifics, but for Turning in general.  Some of the LazyTurn Manual appendixes should actually be part of the MachTurn documentation as they cleared up many points of confusion for me.

Thanks again

Brett

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 10:58:32 PM »
Hi, I'm still around, no, Mr Melee wasn't in my imagination, but some think I'm crazy, so be it. I have all the G71 files if you need any, they work well and are simple to use, just let me know.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 03:06:01 AM »
Thanks Dave;

I would definitely like a copy of the G71 macros. 

I too have been told I'm on the far side of normal.   As a matter of choice, I prefer insane people.  The sane people are truly scary.  Sane = Normal = Conformity.  What fun is that :)

Thanks again.

Brett

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 06:33:41 AM »
Brett,
 Glad the write ups helped as that is what they were intended to do.

DAlgie,
How about posting them here and i will put them in Members Docs. I don't remember trying them .

BTW, His peck drillng Macro's can be found in Members Doc's. There is one for the lathe and mill. Make sure you read the "read me file"
before using them. 

RICH

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 08:32:24 AM »
Melee put them all in a folder, there are a few multiple choices and I recall they were at his FTP site, any way on here to attach a folder instead of just a file?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 08:46:51 AM »
You cold zip them and attach, as long as its less than 6000KB in size.
Hood

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 09:24:30 AM »
Melee has a lot of files, there are versions of all three types of roughing programs for versions of Mach for 1.84 and under, and over that. Plus all the documentation for everything and sample files. My Winzip will only zip single files, but it would be much nicer if the whole thing was available here.