Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:21:27 PM

Author Topic: Neep help with Auto-Zero touch plate  (Read 4474 times)

Offline PSG

•  21 21
    • View Profile
Neep help with Auto-Zero touch plate
« on: December 31, 2008, 07:16:48 PM »

I definitely have to be overlooking something. I have tried setting up the touch off plate using the attached macros and brain (originally from here). In ports and pins I originally had the input set to Input #1 and saw that the brain was looking for #4. I made the input and the brain match, and could see that the brain saw the input. For whatever reason, the script does not see when the plate/wire makes contact. (I actually am using just a wire and directly touching the signal ground, both of which the brain and diagnostic page see as active on contact)

This is the last thing that I have to configure before I get to start making noise and mess (other than cursing and throwing things  ;D)

A safe and Happy New Year to everyone!
Re: Neep help with Auto-Zero touch plate
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 08:31:07 PM »
Your files seem to work fine here. Simulated/emulated.
Is your pump ON in config ?
Is your touch plate/wire going to the PROBE input ?
  Try it active HI and LO.
Working here.
RC

Offline PSG

•  21 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 11:22:38 PM »

That was it!! The "Probe" input. Thank you!!

If I can ask a couple more questions (in the effort to learn more about scripting)...............

I see in the macro where is calls for the Probe but the Brain I see Input #4 instead of Probe. The auto-zero works with the Probe input enabled and Input #4 disabled. It also does work with Input #4 enabled, as long as Probe is enabled. Should Input #4 be enabled for the safety features that Brain brings to actually work? Not that I am going to do it, is there a way to write the macro to look for Input #4 instead of the Probe?

Again, Thank You!!!!!

Bugs
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 11:41:22 PM »
Don't know much about it, but.........I think the Brain just looks for your input (4) to run the sequence and wont allow it if the other stuff is on.
The pump is always watching for the GO signal from the Brain then it executes the macro.
The Probe input is only used by the macro.
Oh yes, you can write it to do anything you want. But I cant help you there.
This is my guess. forgive me if i fudged it up.
Glad its working for ya,
CHEERS,
RC

Offline PSG

•  21 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 01:08:32 AM »
RC,

You did not fudge anything up! Your prior post gave me much to go on and a boatload more of understanding! I am starting to understand what all of this has in common.

What I am trying to do now (but has nothing to do with the machine's maiden voyage) is make a couple brains that will turn an air solenoid off when the Z is above zero or even .2500", possibly even pulse/cycle the solenoid for certain amounts of time. I am also trying to make a brain that will turn off/cycle the router when the Z goes a certain height above zero, and restart the router just prior to when it starts to cut.

If anybody could help with the direction of making these brains it would be greatly appreciated. While the making of the brain itself does not look that difficult I need to play with the inputs/outputs/commands, etc. (all of which I am not familiar with yet)

I am off to the Brains department!  :) (looking to see if mom held out on me  ;) )

Bugs

« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 01:10:34 AM by PSG »