Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 03:28:33 AM

Author Topic: Mod IO Pendant Kit Plug in is finished........  (Read 14660 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Mod IO Pendant Kit Plug in is finished........
« on: December 31, 2008, 12:41:36 AM »
Greetings Mach3 Heads,

I just finished a Plug in for "Homann Designs" new Pendant Kit based on the Mod IO.
It is probably the most advanced Pendant you can get.

Functions:

1.   Spindle Controls:
         CW, CCW, Off (with Flashing LED while running),
         Spindle Speed: Increment Up, Down, and reset Spindle Override.
2.   Feed Override 5-200%, with dead band, (LED for Override active)
3.   E-Stop button with E-Stop LED
4.   MPG Operations:
•   MPG Jog: X, Y, Z, A, B, and C (user can enable/disable axis for use in the configuration.
•   Select Jog Type: Velocity only, Step/Vel, Single Step, Multi Step
•   Select Jog Mode: Continuous, Step-Jog (can also control three step selections), MPG modes
•   Shuttle Mode
5.   Axis Zero Functions: for X-C, and a “T” function so that you can touch off  a Tool and load that tools offset in the library!
6.   Select Work offsets: G54, G55-59, G53
7.   Home All Axis
8.   Cycle Page Views in Mach!!
9.   Increment Jog Speed up and down
10.   Flood coolant, Mist coolant, Coolant Off
11.   FIFTEEN!!! User defined Functions!!! Left switch has 12 of them each under one of the three soft-keys, with options on user defined Labels, choice to use internal Mach LEDs, and External LED above the soft-key!!  The Mach User LEDs you pick can be used to trigger functions in Mach through a Brain and/or the Macro Pump! The 3 other User defined functions on the right switch are User LED only, and it only shows in Mach, and no external label.

The LCD will display up to 6 axis dynamically updated as the machine moves.
It has 3 soft Keys below the LCD that depending on the position of the left hand
Function switch, a Button function label will appear above the soft keys that will do
That function when Pressed. For User Defined Labels/codes you can choose from
4 to 6 Characters (with 4 looking the best, since at six due to the 2 Chars/register set up
It puts Button Labels B and C touching each other, so 4 Chars gives you more space).

Other Goodies:

The Plug-in comes with a “Pendant Screen” (see Pic), this screen is a Diagnostic/setup screen. It has ALL the functions that the pendant can control. It has “Labels” that display
Active/Dynamic states of the: Buttons (discrete Inputs), Analog inputs (3), pendant internal states, MPG Status, and Configuration channels from the Modbus.
The “Right Switch Function” displays the current Function/Mode of the Right hand selector switch, (Since the Left hand switch controls the Soft-Keys and the functional display on the LCD).

The Plug-in configuration Page has “Tunable Ranges” for the selector switches for the Left and Right switches. (they have default values, but in case your resistors are different this gives you a way to set your ranges). Since the Analog values coming to the “Labels” are “real Time” raw values, you can turn the switches to see where you need to set your
Ranges for the resistors you use. (I used 1K ohm, between switch posts.)

The Plug-in Will come with an installer that will Automatically, install a:
Profile, Screen Set, and it will configure the Serial Modbus for you. All you will need
To do is Activate your Serial Modbus, and Turn on the Plug in, then configure it, if you
Need different values than the defaults.

I may be adding the ability to Change Parameters within the MOD IO itself but still thinking about if I want to do that one or not…….

I uploaded a Video of the Pendant and its functions working with Mach3 to Google,
It should be viewable in a day or two.

Scott “Poppa Bear” Shafer
S S SYSTEMS, LLC
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Mod IO Pendant Kit Plug in is finished........
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 10:12:35 AM »
Here is a Link to the Google Video of the Pendant in action showing its functions and how it interacts with the Pendant Diag/setup screen.

It is a long video (about 12 minutes), The way Google does there videos is it starts off as a tiny square, but go down to the lower right of the video player, there is an "Expand" button that will bring it up to full screen size. It gets a little grainy at that size but the size Google changes it to when small makes it to small to see details.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7917331538426112375

scott
fun times

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 05:33:51 PM »
Very interesing, Scott but is there any way to upload a clear viewable video to a server somewhere?

I've tried all the sizes that google gives a choice of but it's just way too grainy for me to really make anything out.

How big is the original video file itself? 

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 06:43:10 PM »
Hi Scott,

I'm down the coast campinmg at the moment, and had to drive to the Goldern Arches to get connected tothe internet. The Plugin looks good. I,ll have the pendant kit complete in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 11:43:02 AM »
Dave, If you know of a way to make the video better, PLEASE tell me how!!  I am NOT video literate at all, I formatted the Video for a "Pocket PC" type of band width, since larger than that it was very huge indeed.  If you know HOW to do it perhaps you can contact me over "Skype" and give me a walk through??
I would LOVE some help on this, but honestly, I am eat up with all kinds of "Dumb A$$" when it comes to this video crap.

Skype name:  "poppabear1000"

scott
fun times

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 12:08:14 PM »
I'm sorry, I'm not much of a video guy either (and don't use skype, sorry) but I was thinking if you knew of someone with a server or just someone with some webspace that might be able to host a larger sized video file, it would be beneficial because of being able to show more detail for your product.

Possibly Peter has the space for an actual sized video?

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »
the other Video link was bad, here is a good one to see the pendant in action!!

the video was shot by an ameture (me), but, I am sure Peter will do a Good One at some point.........

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7917331538426112375&ei=a1ibSdf1G6GG_AGLmfzhCw&q=mach3+pendant+kit+and+video

scott
fun times
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 09:33:06 PM »
Poppabear,

Received a zipped file (plugin) from Peter H. which has the following files when unzipped

MP-03v2-0\MP-03 Pendant Kit Operators reference.txt
MP-03v2-0\MP03help.exe
MP-03v2-0\MachMad.msi

Going through the process of configuring the pendant, its procedure requires a MP03v2 plugin which is not in the file sent. Is the plugin missing?

Any help will be appreciated.

Carlos

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 11:05:22 AM »
I sent a new installer to Peter

the one you had was an old beta, that somehow slipped through the cracks.....

You can also email me, if Peter doesnt get to you first, and I will email the updated installer to you.

scott
fun times
Re: Mod IO Pendant Kit Plug in is finished........My Cnc's little helper
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 04:53:47 PM »

My Cnc's little helper

Hi all glad to see all getting into the MP03 i have been running mine now for a few weeks and i have to say its magic the plugin runs seemlesly and with a bit of thought you can just about brew the tea burn the toast and machine out a pocket or to ,, LOL,, if you use the Machmad v3 to find all you options then the pendent is what ever you want it to be ,, with in reason.. Its the First Kit i have seen and its a great buz to build debug and use,, Peter Scott top Stuff