Hello Guest it is May 28, 2024, 06:59:31 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
General Mach Discussion / Re: Mach3 Turn X axis problem
« Last post by jimc80 on May 28, 2024, 05:33:22 PM »
Thanks John, I will try to emulate what you have done. A little extra explanation on how I look at home, Machine 0,0 as the most positive for each axis. I had a commercial machine and that was part of the startup routine.
Jim
G-Code, CAD, and CAM discussions / Re: Mach3 Minimum Step Length?
« Last post by Holzwurm56 on May 28, 2024, 04:52:27 PM »
I generate a gcode with Ezilathe. This works now fine.
General Mach Discussion / Re: Mach3 Torch Height Control
« Last post by gordond on May 28, 2024, 01:47:11 PM »
The instructions in that link are basically the same as what I've been doing. So Thanks for that but I'm no further ahead. It seems like THC is still disabled even though my copy is licensed. I don't know what else to try in Mach3 and am thinking now I should try Mach4. Apparently the demo version will work for 5 to 10 minutes without licensing. At this point I don't know what else to try.
Others / Re: Ezilathe - Tools for the CNC lathe
« Last post by Holzwurm56 on May 28, 2024, 01:17:37 PM »
Hello Machtank,
many thanks for your response. I played around with the settings a bit and now I have one that works
G-code created. I turn a test part. The part was fine.
Thanks for your great software.
Hans
« Last post by JohnHaine on May 28, 2024, 12:09:55 PM »
Well I can't think what you are doing wrong.  I only home X, so that X=0 corresponds to the cross slide being as close to the axis as possible.  Not much point in homing Z in my view as the position of the work is so variable depending on chuck etc.  I have a switch for X homing and set the X DRO to zero when homing is complete.  Once X is homed I have separate X offsets for all tools including tool 1.  I have a tool setter of known diameter and a calibration routine which measures the offset for a tool when it contacts the setter and writes it to the tool table.  I always have the lathe set to RADIUS mode for tool setting as the offset is a radius value.  Once the tool table is populated I restart in DIAMETER mode and everything works as expected.
« Last post by jimc80 on May 28, 2024, 11:09:38 AM »
Thanks for your response, homing is part of my startup routine. I have home switches so I reference X and Z axes and verify in machine coordinates that it is correctly at 0,0. In addition, I have an automatic tool changer. Tool 1 is offset 0,0 and the other 7 tools reference from tool 1
« Last post by jimc80 on May 28, 2024, 11:04:33 AM »
Hello Graham,
Thanks for the response. However, I did try again to be sure, but in my case it responds as in the radius mode:

Touch off and reference part coordinates, assume in this case that stock diameter is .500 inch
Move tool clear of stock
Enter command in MDI, G1 X0, responds by moving controlled point to stock center
Enter command in MDI, G1 X.5, responds by moving controlled point to 1 inch from stock center

Additionally, I do have it set as front post

Jim
« Last post by Machtank on May 28, 2024, 10:11:27 AM »
Your DXF Works just fine (See Attached JPG).
You have set O.D.Turning, Cut Left to Right (Cut from the chuck Out towards the Tailstock)???
The order that you select the entities in is Important. Selecting in the reverse order to the direction specified gives a result similar to what your .TXT shows in the simulator. Selecting in the same direction as specified, gave the result shown.
« Last post by Holzwurm56 on May 28, 2024, 03:51:26 AM »
Hello,
i want to use Ezilathe. I create a dxf-file with Librecad and load the file in Ezilathe. I get this result. In line 173
is very very z. The arc is in the wrong side. Can some tell me what i do wrong?
Thanks
Hans
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10