Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 10:00:25 AM

Author Topic: New PoKeys Plugin soon available!!!  (Read 14384 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: New PoKeys Plugin soon available!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 09:16:34 AM »
Just an update on progress, I am on hold for 1-2 weeks while waiting for the new Pokeys to arrive to finish testing, before releasing the new Plug/installer.

Boris said, "At least they dont have to dodge U-Boats, to deliver overseas maill now.".........   good point

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: New PoKeys Plugin soon available!!! added Analog Spindle out!!
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 08:06:44 AM »
Well it is almost done, here are some screen shots of the New Pokeys config screen, and PoKeys Diagnostic screen set.

I added the Option that you can have Analog Spindle Speed control OUT, (10bit res, 0-1023), on Pin43. The UserLEDs for mapping discreate inputs/outputs
are all working as well.  Finished up the Flash Help screen that has a copy of the Users manual in it. Got to go out today, but should finish the installer, tonight or tommorrow. 

PoKeys.set screen has On/Off control of 55 UserLEDs, (you can only turn on/off the ones you choose as outputs, since the ones you choose for inputs are always updated by the PoKeys). It has a Display for the Value of 1-4 Analog In, and the optional Analog Out that is tied to the DRO99 of the spindle.
you have all 7 of the Encoder DROs on screen for your use as well.

Thanks goes out also to "Matt", of Pokeys who helped me get the Protocol formatted to map out an Analog out for the spindle.
Note:  We found a "Bug" in the hardware that Boris will be putting on his website, BUT, if you have Pin4 as an input, and it is grounded when the PoKeys is
plugged into the USB, (or the computer boots up with it plugged in), then the PoKeys will not boot up!!!  So watch out for that.

I will be posting the Installer here, and Finished Plugins, and Boris will have one from his site as well.

NOTE:  When you use the Plugin Control to configure the dialog window to set up your PoKeys in Mach3, (after you enable the plugin), you will HAVE TO Boot up Mach3 WITHOUT the PoKeys hooked up, make your config, close mach, plugin the PoKeys, then reboot mach.  That is because the Monitor window also constantly updates via the PoKeys, and you cannot make changes to it while it is updating.

Scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 07:49:45 PM »
Well Here is the New PoKeys Plugin, let me know if you find any bugs, and I will try and squash them.

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 09:43:01 PM »
havent seen any feed back, is that Good news? or Bad?............

How are you liking it, or not liking it? issues? Bugs? No Beer?

scott
fun times

Offline spunk

•  56 56
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 10:15:41 AM »
my pokeys doens't seem to initialize all the time?

problem could very well be my computer though...

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 10:02:40 PM »
There is a Hardware bug in the pokeys, if Pin 4 is set as an input and it is Made (contact closed so the signal is going to ground), then the Pokeys will not boot.

scott
fun times

Offline spunk

•  56 56
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 01:19:25 AM »
That is what's wrong, set as an input but at the moment left free in the air... does it automatically pull the contact to ground?

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 12:20:07 PM »
There is a Hardware bug in the pokeys, if Pin 4 is set as an input and it is Made (contact closed so the signal is going to ground), then the Pokeys will not boot.

scott

Scott and others. That is not hardware bug, that is fact ;)

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 11:06:16 PM »
Greetings!

I recently updated to the new plugin.I installed the mach3installer,the Pokeys.dll file is inside plugins folder and now mach can't seem to find the Pokeys.Before it was saying "Pokeys up and running".Now,nothing...
Any suggestion?

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 12:45:52 PM »
if you downloaded the last "MultiPoKeys" installer, it sets up 4 PoKeys .dlls, PoKeys0.dll, PoKeys1.dll, etc. when you install the new plugin, and your PoKeys lets say is ID 0...  and it is the only one you have, goto Config/Plugins, and put a Green Check next to PoKeys0.dll    (and if you have the old pokeys.dll, and it has a green check, then UNCHECK it, then hit ok, close mach3 and reboot. In the plugin Menu, you will see a menu item called PoKeys0  click it and it will bring up your new config dialog.

NOTE:  There is a new Plugin comming out very shortly, that adds, some more features, and there will be TWO installers, ONE for a Single PoKey setup and ONE for a mutlpokey setup.

scott
fun times