Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:20:30 AM

Author Topic: Work space parameters, Quandrants  (Read 4911 times)

Offline CT

•  40 40
    • View Profile
Work space parameters, Quandrants
« on: December 30, 2008, 12:34:00 PM »
Can someone point me to past posts regarding workspace parameters? To be more specific, can I work in the -X & -Y axis?...I currently have work that was drawn in -X Quadrant and I am assuming mach3 "software limits"are why it will not simulate or run the file. Thanks Colin
Re: Work space parameters, Quandrants
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 01:52:24 PM »
You can set "zero" to be wherever you want it to be, so that is not a problem.  Decide where you want "zero" to be (presumably somewhere near the right-hand rear corner of the table), move the machine to that position, then zero the X and Y DROs.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline CT

•  40 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 05:30:38 PM »
Thanks for the reply Ray, the problem I have encountered is when I tried to simulate the file it Stopped me saying there was a "Software Limits" issue. I am not sure where the problem is and this was the first thing that came to mind. I thought I would try to move the job into one quadrant because, If 0,0,0 is where the machine thinks home is, it also knows it is where the soft limit is right?
The file takes up a good bit of the work envelope on the X axis, so if there is say an 1.5" of the job in -X and the balance(5.5)" in +X axis which has an 8"travel, does that mean I should move my 0-X away from the home position an 1.5"? Does this even matter if I just want to simulate it? Colin

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 05:38:20 PM »
You just jog your machine away from the home position to the desired poit and then zero the axis. That sets up a work offset and you will have plus and minus directions from your work offset. If you have SoftLimits set up then you can also press the display button and your table size will be shown along with your toolpath and you can determine by sight which way you need to move your offset zero position to get in your work envelope.
Hood

Offline CT

•  40 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 05:43:10 PM »
Hood, thanks for the reply, does this even matter if I am trying to just simulate? Colin

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 05:46:20 PM »
no but you will need to disable the softlimits or the code will stop if you try to go outwith them.
Hood

Offline CT

•  40 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 05:48:48 PM »
I will go try it right now!...Let you know in 10 min. or so. Colin

Offline CT

•  40 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 06:01:47 PM »