Third party software and hardware support forums. > PoKeys

Pokeys .M3p installation

(1/3) > >>

biggles:
Hi, I have a Pokeys board working fine (eventualy) but am having difficulty instaslling the Plug in .M3p file into Mach3. I downloaded it and copied the file into the Mach 3 folder as advised but when I click on it Windows tells me it cannot read the file. What am I doing wrong ?.

Hood:
Afraid I have never had that problem, I have attached the dll, unzip to your plugins folder and see if you can then enable it via the Plugins Config in Mach.
Hood

biggles:
Thanks for the reply.I did a fresh install of Mach3 and this cured the problem,I now have plugin available.I just need to learn how to control Mach3 with the Pokeys.Has anyone written a step by step example on how to do this ?.I find the instructions supplied with Pokeys confusing.

Hood:
Firt you need to enable the plugin from the Config menu then Config Plugins. You will then need to restart Mach, after you have done that you will see the diagnostics page for the PoKeys from the Operator menu.
 To set up a function you just do as you would normally with the parallel port except for the Port number you use 10, the pin number is whichever one you are using on the PoKeys.
 To set up the PoKeys you need to asign the different pins you are wanting to use in the software that comes with the PoKeys, for example if you want to use Pin 18 of the PoKeys for an input then you asign it in the PoKeys software and then send to device to save it. You can then set up that input in Mach.
Hood

biggles:
Thanks  Hood, I have actually asigned a switch from Pokeys emulating the right cursor key so I can drive the X axis with it.What I need to know is how do I get it to replace say the start key in Mach 3.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version