Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 12:16:03 PM

Author Topic: Pausing while cutting  (Read 3530 times)

Pausing while cutting
« on: February 26, 2009, 01:02:58 PM »
We have a 5' X 10' table CNC with a router that we are using to cut plexi.  We are using Lazycam as our conversion program to Mach3.  I ran a small cut this morning that involved 5 chains.  The first time we ran through the program it cut properly.  We made a couple of adjustments on the sizes and re-loaded it into Lazycam and Mach3 and ran it again.  This time, the tool plunged to the correct cutting depth and paused for about 5 seconds before completing the chain.  It then raised, went to the next chain and paused for about 5 seconds and then completed the chain.  It repeated this until it had completed all of the chains.  I ran three more and it did the same thing for all of them.

Has anyone experienced this before and what have you done to solve it?

Note:  We were having similar problems before and yesterday the machine supplier installed a new CPU and re-loaded the software.

Thanks
Kevin
Re: Pausing while cutting
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 01:15:52 PM »
Hello Kevin,
  Can you post the code ? Or at least the blocks where this occurs ?
Maybe post the .LCam file as well.

Thanks,
RC

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 01:40:34 PM »
Just something quick to try while Overloaded is looking at your code.

It may be that a G4 command (Dwell) has been included after the plunge. The timing for this is denoted by the P comand, which in you case might be set at say 5. This can be 5 milliseconds, which you wouldn't notice, or 5 seconds, which you would.

The time delay multiplier is et in Config/General Config/fourth column, 2 item. If it is not ticked (seconds) then tick it (milliseconds) and this may get rid of your problem.

The only other thing is - will your supplier come and fit me a new CPU ???
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 06:22:44 PM »
If i played with my mouse while running a program and using a slow computer.
Or zoomed in or out of the path window, again only with a slow computer.
But will admit that it never can to a stop and only slowed down some.
RICH
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 10:03:27 PM »
Thanks guys, all good info.

We did discover one thing, and I feel a little embarassed about it, after the software was re-loaded the plunge speed was not reset so it was at 0.00.  Adjusted that and it was good for that part.  It is still raising up and down after the chain though.  I won't be near the machine for a few days so at my first chance I will get the G-code and lazycam file and post it.

Thanks
Kevin