Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:17:43 AM

Author Topic: unexplained circle  (Read 3583 times)

unexplained circle
« on: February 24, 2011, 06:49:05 PM »
I created cabinet file in eazycab 9.0 and imported the dfx to cut 2 d.After toolpathing and checking all dimension and running tool path preview i saved the file .Then i placed the file on thumb drive and took to my machine (24x39 k-2).The right side shows up fine and runs.The left side has a mystery circle at the toe kick cutout.Ran an air run on the left and it does try to cut the circle. Any ideas?Can this be edited out of the gcode and re saved?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: unexplained circle
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 07:05:20 PM »
It sounds like your IJ mode is set wrong, ideally your code should set that with a G90.1 or G91.1. You can also set it on General Config page, round about the middle of the page you will see it, change it to the opposite of what it is.
As said however it is best to hhave it in your code as if its changed by some new code then it will be wrong again next time you load this file as it doesnt contain info on which mode its meant to be in.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 06:19:56 PM »
Thanks for the help.After changing the IJ mode the files ran perfectly.DumbQuestion but what does the IJ mode mean?Do I have to switch it every time or does it stay set?Alao do I have to switch it back for 3D carvings?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 06:22:49 PM »
It all depends on your code, some CAM programmes use incremental for arcs some Absolute. Your CAM should really insert a G90.1 or G91.1 at the start of the code so that the correct mode is set when running a file.
Hood

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 06:45:12 PM »
You're Cut2D post should be inserting a G91.1, which forces Incremental IJ. Email Vectric and ask them about a post that includes G91.1 for Mach3.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 08:49:37 PM »
............ but what does the IJ mode mean?

G90.1 & G91.1 Set IJK Arc Mode
Interpretation of the IJK values in G02 and G03 codes can be in one of two distance modes: absolute or incremental.

To go into absolute IJ mode, program G90.1. In absolute distance mode, IJK numbers represent absolute positions in terms of the currently active coordinate system.

To go into incremental IJ mode, program G91.1. In incremental distance mode, IJK numbers usually represent increments from the current controlled point.

Incorrect settings of this mode will generally result in large incorrectly oriented arcs in the toolpath display.