Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:20:57 AM

Author Topic: ports and pins  (Read 28023 times)

Re: ports and pins
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2008, 05:45:33 PM »
ok, i'll go get it.
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2008, 06:09:43 PM »
sent to your email address

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2008, 06:18:02 PM »
OK your xml looks fine and the way you describe the wiring sounds fine so looks like your breakout is not passing the signal. If you unplug the parallel port cable from the BOB do the Limits light on the diagnostics page? If they do then I think your BOB is faulty.

Hood
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2008, 06:22:51 PM »
i'll try that, but it may take a while -- the old lady just got home and she needs attention. thanks for the effort, again.
bob

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2008, 06:26:18 PM »
ok, you must obey the master  ;D
Hood
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2008, 06:45:36 PM »
There is an LED on the BOB for each input and output.  Does the LED change state when you activate the limits?  If it does, then you know the switches are working, and the optos on the BOB are working.  If you're not seeing the "LEDs" in Mach change state, then the problem is the PP drivers on the BOB, or the PP itself.  If the LEDs on the BOB do not change state when you activate the limits, then either the switches are not working, or are incorrectly wired, or the optos on the BOB are likely blown.  You can order replacement opto chips from CNC4PC, or try swapping two of the opto chips on your board, to see if that gets the limits going.  The opto chips are the LTV847s at positions IC5, IC6, and the chip between IC6 and the PP connector (which does not seem to have an IC designator....).  I would guess IC6 is probably the one that is used for all the input signals.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2008, 07:51:54 PM »
Hood and Ray,
OK, I'm back and I think everything is good. I jogged over to a limit switch and the machine stopped, the reset button started blinking, and the error message said " limit switch tripped". Now, how do I jog off the switch? Do I short the 2 wires coming from the switches?
Thanks again, Bob

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2008, 07:59:38 PM »
Several ways, you can have Auto Limit Override chosen on the Stetings page and it will allow you to reset then jog again (just watch you go the correct way ;) ) The first jog will be at a reduced rate but if you release and jog again it will be at your normal jog speed. The other way is to go to the settings page each time you hit a limit and choose to override them, that will let you reset and jog off but you will have to do the same again next time you hit a limit.
 Now you have the limits working you should set them up as home switches also (just enable the home for same port pin) Then when you home it will move to the switch, hit it then reverse until it closes, you can reverse the homing direction from Config menu then Homing and limits. While you are there you can set up softlimits, this will stop you from hitting the physical limit switches by mistake, you will have to experiment to find the Slow Zone for your machine as it will depend on your velocity and acceleration how big you need to make it.
 Hood
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 08:01:09 PM by Hood »
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2008, 08:17:05 PM »
javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0); thank you once again, until the next time.
all the best, bob
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2008, 09:14:57 PM »
I really didn't mean to be back so soon..... I went to Settings, Special Functions, Auto Limit Override, and clicked on it (it turns green), but the axis won't move. The red light at the Manual Override is blinking, and doesn't change either to green or stop when I click on it (the Override Limits button). Any ideas?
Thanks, Bob