Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:32:09 PM

Author Topic: Further Video  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
Further Video
« on: July 11, 2006, 01:05:55 PM »
Hi,I finally got some time to start using Lcam and since it's integral to any newer Mach3 downloads and I do often import .DXFs,I've got to dedicate some time to it. At first glance/experimentation,it looks straight forward and efficient and is a welcome addition. I'm glad I started things when the primary video tutorial was available ; that always helps. I guess you've done away with having to verify a function by a second 'click' to the upper function button shown in the video. So a straight .DXF import works flawlessly but before I really understood this function,I was just 'tooling'; around the screen,having imported some simple shape I had at hand,and noticed I had pulled up a screen for 'pocketing' functions. Today, I drew a few nested circles and wanted to try a controlled(meaning a limited designation of where the beginning and end of the pocket resides) pocket and now I can't seem to find the 'pocketing window'. If you could point me to that,I can probably make sense of it but one more video that touches on the subject of pocketing would sure make this a great application for my purposes.Thanks,Keith
Re: Further Video
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 05:57:42 PM »
There is not a way to pocket at this time :( You may have stumbled onto some of the tools that I am using to test the code that I am working on  ;D I don't have much time to work on it at this time but I try to work on it a bit every day!

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 06:36:39 PM »
Aha!!! I somehow witnessed the future...wonder how I did that(head scratch)? I definitely saw 3 types of pockets. Back in my Delorian :D
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 10:52:52 PM »
I think you are thinning about the dialog to cut images
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com