Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 04:18:53 AM

Author Topic: Lazy Cam dfx issue  (Read 4741 times)

Lazy Cam dfx issue
« on: December 13, 2008, 11:05:13 PM »
I have some geometry that I created at work, the dfx file was created with A Cad and I ran it through Microvellum, created code for the Biesse rover 24 and it ran just like I wanted.  Set the start point and ran the entire program in one pass, with out any index moves.  This is just what I wanted, simple easy program arcs and tangents connecting in the middle.   So here I am trying to use the same geometry with Lazy Cam and I get all these indexing moves.  Oh and by the way with Microvellunm I had joined all the segments with a polyline edit making it one enity.  Lazy Cam did not recognize the polyline enity at all so I exploded it into arc and tangests and now have a chopped up program that is not what I want at all.  I am thinking of using the Microvellum out put, but I will have to edit out all the lines that have been inserted by the post processor.  What am I doing wrong with Lazy Cam?  Why can I not take several segments and join them to eliminate indexing moves?  I don't expect Lazy Cam to work like a $70,000 CAM package but I would think that it could do this.   Any suggestions?

Thanks
Re: Lazy Cam dfx issue
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 11:17:58 PM »
Just now I created a simple box, rec @8,8 saved it as an R12 dfx, tried to load it into LCam,  no go.  So I exploded it into segments, still no go.  Well hmmm  lets purge,  only had layout blocks, purged anyway.  Only one layer on a new file so there shouldn't be any hidden thingys.  I saved a R12 as everything works with R12.  What is up with this?  I must admit that I am more used to using the dwg file as Microvellum is integrated with ACad and reads this file real time.  What am I doing wrong?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 11:36:50 PM »
Hi, Stitcher

Post your dxf, Hears one to try.

Chip
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 11:52:35 PM by Chip »
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 11:57:36 PM »
Here is the file that I ran at work yesterday, worked like a champ,  start in upper left corner and ran counter cloclwise.  just what I wanted it to do.
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 12:02:17 AM »
Thanks for the file Chip,  I opened it in A Cad 2007 and saved it as an R12 dfx, then I tried to load it into LCam and it gave me the no file loaded,,, again.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 12:14:32 AM »
Hi, Stitcher

Did the one I sent you load as sent and is the one you posted the one your having problems with now ?

Try saving in ver. 14, If that doesn't work reinstall LazyCam.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 12:17:57 AM »
OK Chip I will try R14, and no the file you sent me would not load

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 12:34:11 AM »
Hi, Stitcher

Your file loaded & worked fine hear.

In Setup, Load Options, Dose it look like this.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 08:27:37 AM »
Thanks your you assistance Chip,  I reinstalled Mach and LCam and I am importing dfx files now, so well it does happen.  Now lets see what good things can be accomplished today.  thanks again