Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:59:02 AM

Author Topic: Another Wizard Suggestion... Drill or Circular Pocket Option  (Read 18912 times)

Re: Another Wizard Suggestion... Drill or Circular Pocket Option
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 02:17:04 PM »
Here is the word file
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 03:20:40 PM »
Ok, That is the code for the preview button of the hole circle wizard. It is the correct code.

I have run this wizard several times, with your numbers, and it has never given me an error.

Line 33 is checking the Q value, which will be the peck depth to be sure it is  not zero. You said you entered -.250, which should pass the test. The number is taken form a DRO, which can only be a numeric value, and its comparing to a numeric constant, so I dont see how any type mismatch can occur.

I see no error and cannot understand why you see one.

Does the Post Code button work OK? Thats what matters, not the preview.

Im also confused that you can see this code. The wizards are protected by a password, if you select 'edit button script' from the menu you ought to be required to enter a password. How are you getting to this code? What mach version are you using?

Its not related to this problem, but I think you may be making an error on the tool selection screen. Before you press Continue you should press the button to calculate the chip load and the feed. Unless you press that button you will be using whatever value was last saved, not the one you are just entering. You also said Feed% was zero- that is not allowed, and if you had pressed the calculate feed button you should have seen an error message for that.

Sorry I cannot repeat this error, I have no way to tell whats happening to your system.

ron ginger
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 11:45:19 PM »
I'm glad this thread came up. I am having the exact same problem with the Circle Hole Pattern Wizard. 2.4" dia pattern, 8 holes. X=0.000 Y=0.000 staring postion. Very basic. Works on the other hole wizards, but not the hole patern. I get a "compile error" and a "syntax error". Any helps would be great.
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 10:08:55 AM »
Please tell me what version of the wizards you are running- the version number shows in the top right corner of the first screen.

I cannot repeat this problem on the latest version, or on my most recent update.

thanks

ron ginger
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 11:28:56 AM »
Thanks for replying. I went ahead and loaded the lastest Mach3 2.0 in place of the 1.84 version.

This seemed to fix the hole pattern problem. There are a few other glitches in the Wizard that I've ran in this latest version, i.e. green preview screen, wouldn't approach correctly while trying to cut an outside circle. Would "spazz" out and lose steps, then continue on with the G-code. This happened after pressing the ESC botton to stop the previous program. Then the two issues mentioned above happened. These were minor, but worth mentioning, just in case anyone else has ran into these problems. WgE.