Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:41:47 PM

Author Topic: New Member, wannabe Flash Developer  (Read 14640 times)

New Member, wannabe Flash Developer
« on: November 27, 2008, 04:33:12 AM »
New member here.  I'm currently developing 4-axis routers and mills with AC servos.  I'd like to customize some Flash screens to better suit my workflow.  At the moment I'm using the Mach Nation fla file as a starting point.   

I've worked with Flash on and off since 5.0 so hopefully I won't have too many problems, but I'm currently stumped.  Scaling and positioning the G-Code window in the Program Run tab is no problem, but what I want to do is double the height of the window while keeping the text the same size such that I can view twice the amount of code.  Any help is appreciated.   
Re: New Member, wannabe Flash Developer
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 06:44:05 AM »
Hello Airborne,
Welcome to the forum, you are now free to post in other areas of the forum.

Im sure we need flash savvy people around here, Im guessing you will find lots of info around here specially in the mach screen areas of the forum, and our dear friend Zealous is a top notch guy who is amazingly talented in flash.

Im sure members would also like to see what you have made for your routers and mills, there is a section specifically for that, the show and tell. Please feel free to post pictures of that too!

This is just a welcome message, please post your question in the flash screens section, im sure you will get help there.
Best regards
Fernando
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 08:09:07 PM »
So I noticed that the default number of lines displayed is 10 after playing around in Screen4. 

My best guess is that a simple fscommand line would fix it... such as

fscommand("VARIABLENAME", "20");

I tried guessing "GCODELines" and several others that are similar to no avail. 

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 09:29:06 PM »
Hi Airborne,
I will have the Mach components ready with in the next 2 weeks, included in it is the Gcode component that will do what you want as well as 100's of other things :)

http://alphagraphicdesigns.com/help/Quantum/MachComponents1.0.1.wmv

Otherwise you will have to create your own Gcode interpreter in Flash.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 12:18:28 AM »
Sounds good, zealous!

Otherwise you will have to create your own Gcode interpreter in Flash.
No thanks!  ;D

Edit: Just finished watching the video you linked, very cool stuff. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 12:32:23 AM by airborne »

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 03:00:18 PM »
you could request the feature from Brian in the Yahoo group...I will have to double check but I believe the XML only holds the font type. If the Size, color and line count are located in the XML you could change it there.
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 04:40:49 PM »
You are right, only the font is in the XML.

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 05:58:22 PM »
ahhh OK then if you would like to use the native Mach Gcode we will have to request it...but I think that the Flash Gcode will give you much more control and will work much better.

You can also grab Gcode line numbers at any time you want...also change color depending on the M or Gcode or have Icons( image)..
Here is a video demo of the components in action...actually http://alphagraphicdesigns.com/machmotion/test/MM_demo.html
there are a large amount of benefits and control you get from using them:
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 11:26:09 PM »
Thanks zealous. 

I think I will go with the Flash version.  Which package will it be available in?  Pack 3 or Pack 4?

Looking forward to it! 
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 04:34:09 AM »
Hey Zealous,

How are things going over there?  Any update on when the flash kit will be available?  Thanks!