Third party software and hardware support forums. > PoKeys

Digital OutPut problem

(1/3) > >>

Hood:
I am hoping Boris or someone else can shed some light on this. I have a video uploaded to youtube if you click on the link you will see it.
 I am using a digital output to power a pot for an analogue input.
What happens is I connect the USB and go into the PoKeys software and connect, I look at the analogue  input and as you will see with the pot turned up full there is less than  a 1/4 of the bar showing. I exit the analogue tools page and  without doing anything else I press Send to Device, I then look and the analogue is fine. I close the software, unplug USB, Plug USB back in and have to go through the same procedure again to get the digital output powering the analogue input properly. When its working the digital OutPut is putting out the correct 3.3v but when its not then its only putting out 0.6v.

Hood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd-ZMVyVddU

borisz:
Hi!

Do not use digital output to power the pot.
There is 3.3V on the board on the biggest šad of 1117 voltage stabilizer on the first release (PoKeys55)
On the new PoKeys55 boards you have 3,V on the connectors

regards

Boris

Hood:
I think I must have the first release as none of my connectors are marked for power out. Can you please explain where I can get the 3.3v from as I am unsure what you mean by "biggest šad of 1117 voltage stabilizer"

Hood

borisz:
Look at the picture.

regards

Boris

Hood:
OK thanks.

Hood

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version