Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:38:15 AM

Author Topic: Add Delay to Reset  (Read 4211 times)

Add Delay to Reset
« on: November 22, 2008, 11:20:18 PM »
Is it possible to add a delay to the reset routine. I am using G320's and they have a delay once enabled. I'd like the system to wait for a few seconds to allow the drivers to come ready before the software will respond. Currently if I reset and immediatly jog the machine it will move the software DRO's but not the machine.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Add Delay to Reset
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 05:13:40 AM »
Do your drives have an Enabled signal that they can send to Mach when they are ready?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 03:00:02 PM »
They share the same line as the reset. It has been covered here before. Without adding a complicated curcuit there is no way to easily do this. Even then it only provides limit type stops to Mach. Does not fix the problem that as soon as I hit reset Mach thinks it can move the machine. At least I haven't seen an input option that will do this in Mach.

Seems like a simple thing to do to me. The reset function is built in however and not a macro I can edit. I suppose I could replace the standard Reset button with a custom one that does my delay and then does the built in reset. Anyone ever do this? How do I call the built in reset function?

I guess what I'd realy like to see is a gerneral setup screen option for reset delay. Maybe add that to the want list for Mach.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 03:01:33 PM by DamonJones »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 03:04:23 PM »
I only asked a simple question because I had an idea how you might be able to do it, your reply was not very helpful to me so I will let someone else help out.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 12:24:22 AM »
I played around with different options with marcos. The problem is that virtually nothing works when the system is in Estop. So I can't just delay the reset button function or toggle other output pins.

What I really need is for the system to go ahead and do the reset but then freeze the machine for 5 sec. Is there a program function that will freeze the machine so it can not be jogged? Also the job start would need to be inhibitted I guess but I can address that seperate.
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 05:55:11 AM »
Ok I found the Enable/Disable X-C Toggle button commands that do what I needed. I created a button to disable all the axes and wait 5 sec and then enable them. The plan is to call this button or a macro from a Brain triggered on the Enable 1 output.

I can't figure out how to call the user button or a macro from a brain. Any help there? I'll keep reading if not.
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 08:15:01 AM »
OK Scrap the Macro - I've got a brain that will do everything I need it to do.