Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 09:14:42 AM

Author Topic: Redesigned machine with enable limit switch problem  (Read 2533 times)

Redesigned machine with enable limit switch problem
« on: November 07, 2008, 07:31:21 AM »
Hello.

I built a CNC machine that was originally 22"x14"x6" which was made of 1/2 MDF. It was a moving gantry design. The machine worked fine until I decided to cut aluminum with it. Lets just as it did not work out well. The X axis was a 14"X4"X.5" rectangle and I felt that it did not look very good. So I used my machine redesign the x axis and make it 4" shorter and with 3/4" MDF.

After weeks of work and adding a relay board from probotix  to control  my spindle, vacuum and HobbyCNC board, the machine was finished. I'm having a problem however. My HobbyCNC boards power is turned on and off by the relay board which is connected to output pin 14. Using a program (par*. sorry i cannot remember the programs name. It is as home and I am posting this message from work) to enable and disables the outputs, everything worked fine. After setting up Mach3 with all my inputs and outputs, enabling output pin 14, caused input 15 (which is a home switch for the X axis) is tripped.

After moving the output to pin 1, the problem continued. I do not believe that the problem is with my HobbyCNC board beacause of the program I used to test the board.

I have restarted mach3 and the computer several times.
I have verified that the IRQ setting in my computers bios matched those in windows(XP).

If anyone has any advice, please let me know.

Rick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Redesigned machine with enable limit switch problem
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 06:57:20 PM »
Not really clear on what you are meaning but sounds like it could possibley be a noise issue. Try setting the Debounce to 2000 and if that helps lower it until you have problems again. It is best to have properly shielded and grounded cables on your limits switches so if you dont it might be worth considering if the debounce cures your problem.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Redesigned machine with enable limit switch problem
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 06:58:21 PM »
Oh meant to say the debounce is on the General Config page accessed from the Config menu.
Hood