Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:49:37 PM

Author Topic: Another (bug) issue for the list  (Read 3089 times)

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
Another (bug) issue for the list
« on: October 29, 2008, 09:12:19 PM »
Someone has probably already noted this. The elapsed time counter stops sometimes far before the machine is actually done machining.
I noticed it when I had the speed and feed turned WAY down to 1 for XY milling feed  and .1 for Z downfeed. The G-code had a lot of very simple move instructions. I guess the look-ahead feature got them all read ahead of time. I had an M1 in the code and the machine took about 10 minutes to actually finish and stop after the clock stopped.

BTW. Would it be too much to ask to start a new topic to list all of the know issues. For two reasons:

1. So people can look at them and know not to ask again what their problem is.
2. Moderators or programmers could suggest a work around and post it with the bug.
3. Moderators could refer people to them for info.

And Most important
4. There would be a definitive list of things that need to be worked on.

It may be that this list is somewhere on someones desk but I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of bugs mentioned and alluded to in this forum that the people that should know about them do not.

Just trying to make the future of the product as bright as possible.

Sage.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 09:15:10 PM by Sage »
Re: Another (bug) issue for the list
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 09:42:01 PM »
I have yet to see the elapsed timer make it past about one minute, even on a two-hour program.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
Re: Another (bug) issue for the list
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 09:23:31 AM »
I'm not sure what drives the clock. My timer went for 22minutes but the machining actually took about 35. The clock is likely driven by the code reading the instructions rather than perhpas the code executing them and producing the step signals.
 No biggy. But another thing to be improved upon.

Dave