Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 10:42:40 PM

Author Topic: Pocket Parameters  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Al

•  12 12
    • View Profile
Pocket Parameters
« on: October 23, 2008, 02:41:50 PM »
Hi all.... I have just started using Lazy Cam Pro and have managed to figure allot of it out. Enough to pocket out some script so far.

I do need help understanding the pocket parameters     By default it displays "step 50%" and "overhang 50.00" I would like to know what these are in reference to?

"Tool diameter" is self explanatory and "finish 0.0100" I am assuming to be the final pass cut depth, please correct me if I am wrong  :)
Do it today! Tomorrow is Unknown

Offline Glenn

•  129 129
    • View Profile
Re: Pocket Parameters
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 05:05:36 PM »
Hi Al...
  I'm no expert, just playing with lazycam too, but I think the " step"  refers to how far over your mill end
or router bit shifts over for the second lap around the object you are cutting, if it is step 25% of a 1 inch bit, then after
2 laps, the cut would be 1.75"wide.  the first cut 1", and the second cut 1 inch but it overlaps the first cut by 25%, so only 75% new material would be cut out of it.

Hope this helps!
                      Glenn

Oh yea, I couldn't get anything to change when the overhang parameter box was filled in with different %'s ???
Don't assume anything.....it'll make a Manager out of U and Me!

Offline Al

•  12 12
    • View Profile
Re: Pocket Parameters
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 05:15:22 PM »
Glenn,

Thanks for the input. I had assumed that the "step" did just as you say but the "overhang" confused me into thinking maybe it was like the step....but then it doesn't take much to confuse me these days  ;D ;D

thanks again and if I come up with anything the "overhang " does I'll post it
Do it today! Tomorrow is Unknown