Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:33:56 PM

Author Topic: Pokeys problem  (Read 6733 times)

Pokeys problem
« on: October 19, 2008, 12:17:50 AM »
Hi.

I have tried to hook up my pokeys board to do some testing with Mach3.

When I program as an example pin 1 for x axis (left arrow or right arrow) and do a send to device, if I click on the menu at the top of mach3 screen, each menu start to open from left to right on a non stop way.

On the window screen, if I double click on a icon, instead of opening the software, it act as I right click and got the property window.

I tried with a NO switch and a NC switch and it does the same thing.

If I try without opening Mach3, it affect the computer and have to press reset or disconnect the pokey board to get control of my computer.

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: Pokeys problem
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 04:36:07 AM »
Hi!

Please download and ind install latest software and user manual from www.poscope.com.
If problems will persist after upgrade, attach screenshot of PoKeys software.
Please read user manual.

best regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 01:33:04 PM »
Hi, I have downloaded the latest version.

The pokeys board act like if I hold the arrow key so I can do nothing.

I tried to use it to alternate between Mach3 screen.

Pin 1 = Alt +1     Pin 2 = Alt +2     Pin 3 = Alt + 3

When I hit button, the screen flash at high rate

Instead of doing something when I hit button, it does it all the time like if I hold the button. Tried NO pushbutton and NC pushbutton

Can you explain to me what mean Program  "Mach3 with port 10 pin 1-55"

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 04:38:14 PM »
There are some pins which need external puul ups when used as an input. Please check user manual.
Try to configure other inputs pins.

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 08:52:50 PM »
I have done some testing and every time I connect the Pokeys board and program a pin, I loose control of my computer.

It is like the board send a non stop signal(the one programmed) maybe 10 times per second.

I don't know what to do with this board, maybe just get rid of it and try another model.

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 01:36:53 AM »
If you will read latest user manual and follow it, your PoKeys will work just fine. You can try also other boards. Also they have user manual and also they will not work if you will not follow it. ;)
PoKeys just sends to computer what you set.
Do not blame board. You have set it.
Did you tried my suggestions?

regards

Boris
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 06:52:34 AM »
I have read the manual, many times.

I have tried to switch to another USB input on my computer and it looks like this solve some problems. Was hooked up to the front input and tried to connect it to a USB input on the back of the computer.

I made some more testing and now I can move axis. Will do more testins later.