Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:26:02 AM

Author Topic: THC-300 sheet cam help!!!!  (Read 4856 times)

THC-300 sheet cam help!!!!
« on: October 16, 2008, 06:39:17 PM »
Hello all,

I am running mach3 on a 3 axis plasma table using a  floating head switch on the z-axis.   For the mach display i am using  the  THC-300  screen set that is offered by cambell designs.   

For a test file I drew a simple  square and generated the g-code using  sheet cam with the THC-300 Post processor

Can someone with this similar setup help me clarify a few questions.

1.  When I change any of the values in the "settings" tab,  there is no effect    i.e no cut height change, no Peirce height change.    DO these fields work ????????????

2.  Do people set properties such as  Peirce height , Peirce delay , and cut height  thought sheet cam or do u  use the "settings" tab

thanks for any help in advance !!!!!
Re: THC-300 sheet cam help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 04:52:04 PM »
anyone ??
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 10:04:39 PM »
I'm just getting started myself with a similar setup and have found the same as you, if you set the heights in sheetcam they seem to work for me.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 06:08:56 PM »
Found   some answers for anyone interested  !!!    -=-  This is a cross post from the cnczone 

"If you are using SheetCAM then the settings need to be put in the Tool Chart parameters. The SwitchOffset variable in the POST should be edited and changed to your actual switch overtravel value on the floating head. You can't use the MACH macro's and settings in SheetCAM. I have no idea why Campbell Designs still has the elements on the screens or the macros. You don't need pierce delay if you use the Arc Good sensor and the THC logic in MACH. It automatically holds motion until an arc is established."

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 07:45:43 AM »
richyrich,
Thanks for posting your solution. It will certainly help anyone who happens upon this post in the future.
Your consideration is appreciated,
RC