Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:12:39 AM

Author Topic: USB "Pendants"  (Read 9601 times)

Re: USB "Pendants"
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 12:35:08 AM »
Vogvat, I have something similar. The drawback with it is that windows sees it as a keyboard. I dropped it after I figured that out because i would still need my standard keyboard to edit code and enter values. With some imagination you may be able to get all the functionality you need out of it. Let us know how it goes if you persue it.

Brett

Brett,

You can use this *and* a full keyboard, they're not mutually exclusive.  Windows is perfectly happy having multiple keyboard devices.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 07:14:47 AM »
Brett,

You can use this *and* a full keyboard, they're not mutually exclusive.  Windows is perfectly happy having multiple keyboard devices.

I don't think Mach will be as happy about it as Windows but I could be wrong. Let us know how it goes.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 06:13:15 PM »
Vogvat, I have something similar. The drawback with it is that windows sees it as a keyboard. I dropped it after I figured that out because i would still need my standard keyboard to edit code and enter values. With some imagination you may be able to get all the functionality you need out of it. Let us know how it goes if you persue it.

Brett

Mine work flawlessly side by side. My keyboard is a legacy model, not a usb version. Maybe that's why they are both fully functional.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 08:14:59 PM by Vogavt »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 06:16:43 PM »
That may well be the answer.... good idea. I'll have to dig mine back out sometime.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 06:25:54 PM »
How would Mach know or care if there are multipled HID devices?  Isn't it getin HID input through Windows?

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 11:53:32 PM »
Agreed, the USB pendant I have just emulates keyboard input. I can simultaneously control 2 axes, one from the keyboard and one from the pendant. As it turn out, my k/b is PS/2 but I'm sure it would work just as well with 2 USB input devices.
Joe