Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 03:26:17 PM

Author Topic: Precix Mexico OEM Router Controls with Mach3  (Read 4893 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Precix Mexico OEM Router Controls with Mach3
« on: October 21, 2008, 10:22:12 AM »
Greetings,

I got the Oppertunity to go to "Precix Mexico" and set up some OEM controls for Two of thier router systems, one was a basic 3 Axis Router, the other was a ATC Pick/Place Rack style router.

Both Machines had AC Servos (Automation Direct knock offs) 750W, and a Smooth Stepper board. I replaced the Precix controls which they where unhappy with.

The other machine was the same but added an ATC Wine Rack style (6 tools), a DL06 Plus an analog Module,  and a HSD 24K RPM spindle (very nice spindles)
The VFDs on both machines where Emersons.

We where able to make cuts 0.25" Deep per pass into 6061 AL, at a MM feed rate of 1000mm/min with a 1/2" Mill. It held 0.0007 (in inches), on a 6" Circle and that was using Rack and Pinion Gearing.

I had them upgrade to much higher accuracy Home swithes since they where using little dinky lever type.

Both of the guys down there were Fantastic to work with, and the quality of the tables were also good, with only minor areas that needed some work, but they plan on implementing those.

Here are the pics. I only had 1 week to do it all so, basically, I just implemented a Working control for both machine types, and left it up to them to make it "Neat" afterward.

The system uses: The Modbus for the DL06 and maxes out the IO, 5 Brains, the macro pump, the smooth stepper and custom Screens.

Scott

fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Precix Mexico OEM Router Controls with Mach3
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:24:11 AM »
More pics of the basic machine......
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235