Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:39:36 PM

Author Topic: Mach2 V. mach3 help  (Read 3544 times)

Mach2 V. mach3 help
« on: October 11, 2008, 01:41:17 PM »
First post on the forums and I have a problem I just can't seem to figure out.

I loaded Mach3 without problem setup and motors did not respond. Went through all of the troubleshooting and still nothing. I deleted mach3 and loaded mach2 and it worked perfectly. Motors respond and run great. Any ideas on why mach3 will not work? Thanks for any input.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach2 V. mach3 help
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 02:59:20 PM »
Make sure you install the driver when you instal Mach3. It is usually chosen by default but you may have inadvertantly unchecked it.
 If that doesnt help then make sure you have the correct port address set and that you have the port number, pin number and axis enabled for all axis you are using, this is in ports and pins.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 03:09:02 PM »
Thanks Hood,

I did install the driver and did the driver test. It was almost a flat line which is good. The port for my lpt 0378 and I double checked it in device manager. I even changed it to a different port and changed the resource, no luck there either. My port and pin setup is exactly as I did in mach2 and it works. Just don't know why mach3 is giving me a hard time.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 03:12:25 PM »
Just double check that you have all three steps for each axis set, ie axis enabled, the correct pin number and the correct port number. It is easy to miss one out, dont ask how I know ;)

If that doesnt help then attach your xml and I will have a look.
Hood

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 11:45:23 PM »
Hi, Gage

Double check your Motor Outputs page settings, Pin assignments will be different though.

If I remember the Active Low settings may be different in Mach3 than Mach2.

Hope this Helps, Chip